Shin Soukoku - The cat mood

Slim fingers glid through white hair. It looked like pure silver in the shining sun. It reflected as much as well. Atsushi looked like – even more than normally – the pure sunshine itself. It made Akutagawa wish for eternity. Wish for this moment to never cease. For time to stop. Though he was not blessed with an ability like this but with Rashomon. Instead of making this moment last he could just (again) trim off an leg of his boyfriend. Not very good in these situations but good for the job. He just shrugged. At least money, huh?

They just had to enjoy the moment as long as they could if time wouldn't stop. The warmth they frelt for only a few times in their lives. The comfort of having someone beside you standing equal to you. The feeling of being chosen. Of being the one and only for this person. Not because of blood or anything but because of WHO YOU ARE.

It made Akutagawa really REALLY happy but of course he wouldn't say that to the boy who could light up his whole world with just a smile. He would hide his smile and blush with a cough in order to still be perceived as cold and cool. If his colleagues knew that he was fangirling every time they met outside their home they wouldn't take him seriously.

But the moment didn't last. The warmth was still there but the silence wasn't. A small ring from both of their flip phones made them look at it. Of course flip phones they were cheaper after all. Plus Atsushi even lost his leg or life every second mission so his phone could be lost easily as well...

Their eyes met each other. Grey orbs staring into purple and golden orbs. Oh how Akutagawa could get lost into these majestic eyes of the tiger. They were like a river of honey flowing into the deep magenta field of roses...

"You do it", the sunshine smiled. The sly tiger had no intention of getting up.

"Why me? YOU do the thing.", Akutagawa stated while shielding the precious boy from one of his coughs.

"Don't wanna", warm sunshine touched his hair. The boy laying on his lap smiled sheepishly while his fingers met with the black and white strands of hair from his boyfriend. He didn't shift a bit. It was clear that he didn't want to move and that he had the "cat" mood.

Atsushi had two moods. The "kitten" and the "cat" mood. When he was in the "kitten" mood he was cute and playful. An absolute sunshine and the sweetest thing since maple syrup with extra sugar and a dop of honey. The absolute cutest thing on earth. He was cute and energetic and yeah he wasn't the smartest one after all. The kitten could also be serious when trying to attack the dog aka Akutagawa or when trying to protect something.

The "cat" mood was different though. The mood didn't occur often but it was there once in a while. The cat was showing then. The sly kind of the household not wanting to move or do anything. He was mostly just lazing around on the sofa or getting on Akutagawas nerves. And right after annoying him he would demand some cuddles. The absolute cat. A cat that didn't even care about what the other one would say since it's will was absolute. A cat aka a cute fluffy ass that you couldn't say no to... Especially Akutagawa couldn't stay angry at that cute sunshine.

However this didn't mean that HE wanted to get up. "Why me? I don't want to get up either", his grey eyes looked down onto the slightly smaller boy. "You do it", he demanded with a cold voice. Sometimes you had to be strict with cats as well...

A small cute frown slid onto Jinkos face. "But I always have to do it"

"Good. Then you're used to it".

"You're a meanie!"

That made the black haired male chuckle. Damn he couldn't hide his voice like he could hide his smile. "I'm from the mafia after all".

"But you're usually a softie wanting to gain senpais affection", the tiger aka cat smiled. He was one of the few people that could look behind the barrier the dog of the mafia built to die and protect his true self. To hide the child longing for affection.

"Don't remind me of that embarrassing time...", Akutagawa hid his embarrassment with his hand. These times were just out of hope that his poor empty could be filled with praise and happiness. Of course his former mentor Dazai would never intend to fill that gap that lost of love... But Atsushi did. He filled it like it was nothing. Filled it even though he knew of the deeds the mafia member had done. Filled it even though Akutagawa had a terrible personality and was worth nothing. Filled it even though Akutagawa tried to kill him and that was even more terrifying. How did the boy survive this long?

Silence once again filled the room as the taller went through the silver strands of hair. "Still won't go", was what the silver haired man said after a while.

"But it's your job! You always do it!"

"If I can do it, then you can do it too! I'm not as smart as you!"

"Still you are STRONGER...", Akutagawa sighed. In terms of abilities the two were tied. However the mafia member was very frail not eating enough while Atsushi was well built with good muscles and- Nope better not think about that.

It also seemed like everyone tried to feed Akutagawa. Atsushi tried his best to feed him with good (and cheap) food so that he would become more healthy. The other ones involved were the members of the agency. Not much but every time they met him they would give him a granola bar or a piece of fruit. Like EVERY time. Kunikida was especially persistent in Akutagawa taking it saying that it contained "ideal" nutrients and everything.

Still the efforts of the agency were nothing in comparison to the mafia. Mori would organize a good meal for all of his employees with all the needed nutrients. Gin would just look at him worried until he ate something. Hirotsu was that old man that would always give him candy. As long as he didn't like a tissue and got rid of a bit of dirt on Akutagawas face he was fine. Koyo was classic and took Onigiris with her every time she was sent out on a mission with Akutagawa. And lastly Chuuya. He acted like that senpai – no older brother – that would ask him whether he had eaten and that would eat with him.

Chuuya talked with him a lot. About his worries and life. About his moral conflicts and his fears. He was like the senpai that he had wished Dazai would be. Instead the orange haired male took care of it after his boyfriend had failed so miserably. Though Chuuya rarely talked about himself, about his life before the mafia. He always looked sad then, sometimes being confused by society.

"I don't want to go".

"Same".

"Why do we even have to go?", the silver haired boy questioned looking into his boyfriends eyes. Both of them thought the same. We could just neglect it. We could neglect it once in a while. We could just NOT do it.

"Why did we go before?", the mafia member seemed confused. Why did they take care of it before? It was more of a rhetorical question. Why? Exactly just why did they take care every time? Why should they waste their precious cuddling time?

Both their phones rang again. They looked at them instantly. Then into each others eyes. It was easier than they thought to just completely shut down their phones and go back to that warmth and silence from before...

Far away you can still hear a whimper. A whimper of a man caught up in a fisher net trying to get out. A man that had failed suicide and the police not even caring anymore. The fishers just keeping him there because he would get stuck in it again later anyway. And his colleagues ignoring him. Even the little furball of sunshine and the senpai fanatic...

________________________________________________________________________________

That just felt... Absolutely fluffy. Yep I enjoyed that very mucho uwu So I hope you all did too

I miss Bungo Stray dogs though... I wish therewould be another season but at the same time I know what's going to happenthrough the mangas and I'm screaaaaaming TwT So I shall just keep on writing tofill my daily need of fluff owo