Kōyō x Yosano - Rollercoaster

Life can be a roller coaster. At one point you feel like your life should end. At one point death will be better than anything else. Life goes downhill fast. It's true.

And Yosano knew that. She knew that Life could be even more moody than she on her period. She had a low in her life. She felt like she was better off dead. The angel of death. The one destroying all. Killing you yet not killing you physically. Someone better off dead.

She visited a clinic. Was in a hospital. But she was still insane. She even started to enjoy the pain of others little by little. After all if she was a being that brought pain anyway, why not enjoy it? She lived with it.

Then it slowly started to rise again. She found a job at the agency. People who needed her. Who saw something in her that she had long forgotten. They saw kindness.

Yet those people betrayed her. Betrayed her so deeply. Ranpo told her they wanted her kindness. That he trusted her. So why did this snitch never hurt himself? Same goes for Kunikida. They never even came to her when they had a cut in their fingers! She was the doctor for the agency, they should trust her some more!

Seriously! If it wasn't for Atsushi she could have never discovered new methods to almost kill her victi- her patients. Then she could have never tried out her new knifes! Her new chainsaw! And even if Atsushi was the cutest one of them even thanking her after treatment, the others were still much more entertaining!

Atsushi never screamed. He just kept quiet. Enduring it. No wonder if his boyfriend just cut off his leg once or twice a week. But a good scream? A heartfelt agony? Wonderful. Her favorite was Tanizaki. He was so scared of everything and his screams were almost the best.

Next up was Ranpo. He still tried to act composed. His high pitched screams were the most fun. Yet Ranpo threatening to tell the boss was the matter that only posed him onto second place. Third was Kunikida. The poor idealist tried his best to act composed. It was hard to get a heartfelt reaction. But the challenge was fun so there was at least that.

So the rollercoaster had started to rise. There were additional highs and lows. Like when she met the man who destroyed her life again or when she could buy a new knife. But the real problem was when she met Kōyō. No it was really bad. The rollercoaster rose so high, it was incredible. Everyday another high appeared nullifying her lows.

But what's the problem with a rollercoaster? It's a ticket you buy and you go one round. You have one round in your individual rollercoaster. No more no less. And at the end you reach the end again. The end that is on the same level as the beginning. So if you rise too high you have to fall so low as well. You have to reach the level again.

Yet there was no sign of falling yet. No sign of when she had to leave the rollercoaster. Everyday just seemed to go higher and higher. Even if she hadn't seen her wife for too long, the rollercoaster still once again rose even higher. It was insane.

Even now. It felt like this was the peak of life. Like everything was wonderful now. Like she could die happily now. However she had never been this high. She had never felt like this. So a downfall was inevitable. And horrifying. Once you taste the sweet honey you don't want to go back to eating dirt.

"What is it honey? You have been staring at me for a while", Kōyōlooked up from her manicure. Yosano felt like squealing. How could a person be so perfect just painting her nails. She could scream out of happiness. How does she deserve such a queen.

"Honey?", Kōyōraised an eyebrow which brought Yosano back to reality.

"Oh, I just thought how incredibly happy I am to have met you my dearest", Yosano smiled lovingly at this perfect human being. At this gorgeous queen. At this-

"But that's not it right? Don't try to lie I'm used to realizing that within a second", Kōyōlaid her hands on her lap and leaned back again so the paint could dry. It was really annoying that she had to do this again. But what could you do if you can't leave any traces behind? And even a little particle of her expensive nail polish would make her a suspect for killing one great but corrupt company director. How annoying.

"It's just that... that my life had been like a rollercoaster until now. And I'm fearing that I have to fall to reach the end again. Yet everyday I just rise higher", Yosano sighed and eyed the nails of her wife.

Yosano sat in an armchair since she wasn't allowed to sit on the sofa with her wife. Kōyōforbade her from doing that while she was painting her nails. After all Yosano would pressure her way into a cuddling pose and meanwhile ruining Kōyō's nail polish. And if you put on nail polish you know that it takes time and nerves until it's completely dry. Therefore there was no exception, not even for her wife.

"How sweetly thought of you", Kōyōsmiled at Yosano "yet there's something I don't understand".

"And what is that, the love of my life?"

"Why not destroy the roller coaster. Meet the end? Don't talk like you can just run away from me. You stay here, if you want to or not. Life is not a rollercoaster, it just acts on it's whims. There is no end foreseen for you, only your circumstances are determined", Kōyōsighed.

"You cannot change who you are. You cannot change what you lived through. Once you are born in the darkness there is no way out. Life will grab every opportunity to drag you in it's shadow again. You're a bird flying in the darkness, not able to reach the higher levels due to the strong storm. You go through life with your own efforts not by sitting in some cart", the red haired woman continued.

Yosano found some comfort in her answer. It cleared the understanding of having to fall down. Yet it had something sad to never reach the light again. To never see the sun just you were born in the dark. But Kōyō's idea was absolute for her. She saw no hope after having failed once. She tried to keep flying not willing to go up once again.

"Then let me be your light. If we both wander in the darkness then I will be your guiding light. And you will be my wind keeping me from falling too low", Yosano smiled and sneaked her way onto the sofa.

"And what if I already have a light?", Kōyōsmiled and allowed her wife to lean against her for now.

"Then I either have to shine brighter or the other light has to disappear", Yosano smiled. No way she would give up her wife without a fight now. Not after having tasted such a sweet and lovely life. Not after reaching such highs.

If Kōyōsaid that life wasn't a rollercoaster, that you could prevent a fall from happening then no way in hell she would just allow one to happen. No way in hell she would let go of this perfect life now! Fate could move out of the way now!

"Oh dear so no children allowed?"

"You mean stolen ones?"

"Yes", Kōyōnodded wishing she had a cup of tea. But her nails prevented her from making one just yet.

"Only if I'm still the one most precious to you", Yosano smiled at her wife. Life could be such a bliss if you don't give up just yet...

________________________________________________________________________________

Yaaaay Queens owo Very fun to write, hope it was fun to read as well :D Turned more into angst than anticipated lol pls forgive me xDD

Anyway I'm going to sleep for now, I reached my chapter quota for today inly now since I procrastinated too much lmao xDDDD Please stop me I need to write more...