Shinsoukoku - Another chance

In life, there's only one chance. One shot and we have to take. And at times it honestly feels like Russian roulette. Are you going to Hit? Miss? Or is the gun not even loaded? It's crazy how confusing this all can be...

Still, life was something where even the slightest miss could change everything. Or even a headshot could turn your whole world around. Every small chance changes everything completely. Which rope are you trying to climb? There are the ones who are safe but long or even just ones who are too loose and will cause you to fall into doom.

But there is no second shot in life. Take the chance or leave it. No other chance where the other one wouldn't shoot. It was nothing but a bloody battlefield everyone stood on. So at times, you made very poor decisions. VERY poor decisions indeed...

Akutagawa sighed a little. There was no second chance. No, reload button. No tips he could have taken. His life continued no matter how many faults he made. Because it was as if we were all rolling down the hill of time with no breaks.

"Why the long face?", his adorable boyfriend asked. Atsushi was just about to take out some food he had prepared in the oven. It smelled really delicious but Akutagawa really didn't feel like eating right now.

A longer sigh now escaped the other one's lips again. It was a frustrating matter, to begin with. Especially when Aku's ability could manipulate space but not time! It was really annoying...

If he could turn back the time he would have changed the way he had acted. With the experience, he had now he could have changed his whole life for the better. He could change all the poor decisions he made.

First of all, he would stop depending on Dazai so much. Of course, it would be a usual reaction to cling to your savior. Still, after a while, even Aku began to realize how much and obsessively he had tried to gain approval. Approval he could have gotten way easier if he just decided to cling to Chuuya but follow Dazai's advice...

Secondly, he would have acted cooler. More stylish and laid back in a way. Those occasional anger outbursts were really not befitting of a mafioso. It was more some kind of 'vibe' idea though and not really an important matter.

Lastly, he would change his whole relationship with Atsushi from the beginning. Everything he did at first was HORRIBLE. He missed the shot completely after all! How could that adorable tiger still love such a loser?!

No really! All he had done was scream and annoyingly follow Dazai around. There was nothing cool or mysterious about him. He even coughed so much and bathed so little it was too embarrassing! Still, the worst thing he would change was the fighting.

Fighting the tiger was by far a difficult task. A task where you had to be cruel and strong. Still thinking back Akutagawa really wished he had acted more cool and confident. Only defending and showing the tiger how pathetic he really was. At least then there wouldn't be a 'leg count' specifically made for when he cut off one of Atsushi's legs...

But would the adorable man still be in love with him then? For Akutagawa the answer was simple: Yes. If he just thought about all their meetings and their conversations they all seemed so... so horrible and cringey. He wanted to be buried alive whenever he thought back to that time. So in conclusion, if Atsushi fell for him at THAT time then it would have been way faster and easier if he just was better.

"You seem troubled...? Is something the matter...?", Atsushi looked concerned at his boyfriend. He took the other one's frail hands into his and slightly tilted his head.

"...Why?", Akutagawa slowly said.

"Why what?".

Akutagawa stopped for a second. What did he want to know? Was it why Atsushi still liked him? Why did he fall for such a loser? If the thought that even after time had passed, they still would be together? What was the question he was aiming for?

For now, though Akutagawa asked the most obvious question: "Why are you doing this?". He then gestured towards the nicely set table. The quite good-looking food was neatly positioned there.

"Well, it's our anniversary! Why wouldn't I want to celebrate that?", Atsushi chuckled and placed a peck onto his boyfriend's cheek.

"...Can we please NOT celebrate that? What is wrong with you Jinko...", Akutagawa rubbed his temples. He felt like all the hope he had slowly gathered in humanity was slowly drained again. He had probably done enough evil to deserve this but seriously? He also got a bad start in life so what!

"What's wrong with me?! This is our leg-erversary Akutagawa!"

"AND I'M SAYING CAN YOU PLEASE STOP CELEBRATING THE FIRST TIME I CUT OFF YOUR LEG? YOU DO IT OUT OF SPITE EVERY. YEAR.", Akutagawa screamed out. He would do so many things differently but life was a one try game. And he missed so hard that he had to go through this every year...

"It's fine! As long as the food is good why not celebrate it? Just for your information, I'm only celebrating when YOU cut off-", Atsushi started not even faced by his boyfriend's small anger outbreak. He was so used to it now, it was insane.

Akutagawa buried his face in his hands. "...I'm not even jealous about that, how sick do you think I am...?". If anything he would rather take those who have cut off his precious boyfriend's leg and turn them inside out. Or at least do that to the people he didn't know...

"Don't be sad Aku! I will preserve my leg only for you-"

"I SAID THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM"

The two stood in the kitchen in silence. After all anger issues weren't something you could lose within a day. Plus it really was a weird anniversary...

"...Sorry I'm picking up some Dazai tendencies to annoy you, aren't I?", Atsushi mumbled a bit embarrassed. It was really crazy how fast Dazai could manipulate you into annoying others as well. It was just that the border of what was annoying was starting to rise, that you just adapted to that style.

"No, I should be sorry... It's more embarrassing for me how many times I cut off your leg and all that...", Akutagawa coughed a little and covered his mouth with his hand. He really wondered how the tiger fell for someone like HIM...

"Hehehe! Well, I'm not going to stop the day where I can buy nice food and prepare a nice Date like a meal for the two of us!", Atsushi chuckled while revealing his true intentions in keeping the 'leg-erversary' alive.

"Well, then I'm going to take that chance and make up for all the times I have failed you I guess..."

__________________________________________________________________________________

I actually wanted to make this cute and deep and all that stuff but... This is fine as well uwu Still I feel like the characters are a bit off... Anyway!