Higugin - First Date

'I am so not ready for this...', The blonde girl thought to herself. She was standing at the train station exactly 1 hour 5 minutes before the time of the date. A bit too early but there was no way she could have just spent even a second longer in her apartment.

She had been extremely nervous the whole day and the longer she had nothing to do the more she wanted to scream. Though even if she did something she was too nervous to do it right. She accidentally watered the office plants with coffee at the beginning of the day. Next, she got the wrong brand of cigarettes for Hirotsu - even worse: the bubble gum ones. She then almost died because she took a nerf gun instead of a real gun.

It was a small rule inside the mafia to check one's gun before leaving. Why? Because Dazai had a habit of switching them whenever he grazed the mafia with a visit. Not a very funny situation though when you are in shooting so it had become a habit to check the gun. Though Higuchi forgot this time... Thankfully Akutagawa was there to save her.

Higuchi looked again at the clock. There she was. Exactly one hour too early for her first date with Gin. A date that happened out of a really embarrassing coincidence...

Higuchi never planned to charge forward so much! She only wanted to ask Gin if she wanted to eat some cake from the new cake shop that had just opened up! Something girls would do together. She wanted to start slow. Like getting to know each other and then showing Gin her cool and kind side. So that her crush MAYBE would also slowly come to like her...

However, she wasn't anywhere 'cool' and 'mysterious'. In her nervousness, she blurted out the word date therefore indirectly asking Gin out on a DATE in a café... Higuchi could cry! The beautiful and cool girl probably only agreed out of pity and because they were in a middle of a mission... So much to casually asking to spend some time together... Now it was just a pressured date!

...Maybe it would have been better if Akutagawa wouldn't save her this morning! She just wished to slowly merge with the floor. To become one with her surroundings and disappear forever... How could you fall for someone like her after all?!

She then felt someone touch her shoulder. Very slightly almost unnoticeable. Hopefully, it was death coming to get her. Releasing her from the mess she had created herself-

"AH! H-hi Gin!", Higuchi stuttered as she turned around and saw that pure GODDESS standing behind her! Her wonderful silky black hair was slightly pulled back by a few braided strands of hair. She wore a large brown hat that had a white ribbon tied around it. Not to mention that the white ribbon matched PERFECTLY with the dress she wore! It was slightly puffy but had a ribbon that would make the waist pop out a bit more.

Just a perfect outfit. It was so adorable Higuchi could cry. Even if this was a rejection date then just seeing this outfit made it worth it! Plus it made her feel more comfortable in the feminine suit that she only wore on rare occasions! After all, if this was her last date with Gin then she had to at least look a bit stunning!

"H-hi! I'm uhm... Sorry, I'm a bit late", Gin said while scratching the back of her head. She had this absolute little blush on her cheeks and Higuchi felt like she reached enlightenment...

"Oh- Uhm- No i-it's about one hour too early to apologize for that! I'm just... here a little bit earlier!", The blonde girl exclaimed while laughing a bit nervously. How embarrassing that she was SO early...

"Alright, I was already overworriying then... Plus I am also here too early", Gin said and chuckled a little. Her voice was faint and almost like a whisper.

"Should we get going then? You seem a bit exhausted so it would probably be better if you sat down a little and relaxed...", Higuchi said while looking at Gin's faint eyebags she only now noticed... They were even covered with makeup but could be still seen through...

"Alright", Gin nodded and without a warning grabbed Higuchi's hand. Which was a bit too much for Higuchi as she, later on, could not recall how and when they arrived at the café. If this had been the last moment of her life then she would have left this world with no regrets.

After they had then arrived at the café the both of them sat down at an empty table. Gin even pulled out the chair for Higuchi and smiled a little. They both sat there a bit not saying anything. Both had a faint blush on their cheeks.

"S-so! Do you like cakes? W-what would you like to order? It's my treat so don't hold back!", Higuchi exclaimed with a nervous smile.

"Yeah", Gin said and hid behind the menu, "The strawberry cake sounds tasty...". Her voice was a faint whisper but it sounded so clear and wonderful in Higuchi's ears that she felt like crying...

"That one is quite nice if you like sweet cakes! I think I will try to order the lemon shortcake! P-plus we can also order more later...", Higuchi said and waved at the waiter so they could order something. She really really hoped that she could prolong the date for a little while...

"What can I get you two beauties?", The waiter said with a smile.

"A lemon shortcake and a strawberry cake, please. Oh and two coffees as well", Gin ordered before Higuchi could even say anything. This time her voice was strong and clear. Now that Higuchi had seen the cool side as well on the date she could really die in peace...

"Alrighty! Coming up as soon as possible!", the man said and- and WINKED AT GIN? Higuchi could feel her blood run cold. No. Nonononono! This was her date! Her last rejection date! How unfair could the universe be to have someone hitting on Gin immediately?! Not that she could blame the man she fell for her too as soon as she saw that the cold assassin also had such a wonderful cute side...

"How was your day?", Gin suddenly asked while grabbing Higuchi's hand. She was back to her shy and sweet voice.

"G-good. And yours?", Higuchi stuttered but overwhelmed with the situation.

"A bit tiring. But it's perfect now", and then the goddess herself flashed Higuchi one of the most blinding lights. If she hadn't fallen head over heels for her before then she would have now...

And so they started talking. Talking about work and their daily life. About funny stories and everything. It was so perfect that Higuchi almost didn't realize that the café would be closing soon...

"I'm going to take care of the bill real quick!", she smiled and went up towards the register.

As soon as the blonde girl was out of sight Gin relaxed. She exhaled and leaned back closing her eyes. She was so tired! Now she just had to find the right timing for that...

She turned around suddenly as she noticed faint footsteps behind her. If her glare could kill oh then the waiter would have been dead now.

"Seems like all the romance movies watched paid out, huh?", The man said while chuckling. It was no one other than Tachihara. The one who had been forced to watch out for any threats that could stop the date or even if Gin would cause some problems. Plus he was the one whom Gin had forced to watch romance movies with her to find out the perfect behavior for a date. He had been masked by Tanizaki so Higuchi would not discover his identity...

"I guess. Now there is only one more thing to do...", Gin said while standing up determinedly. She was so ready now! She made her way towards Higuchi who had just finished paying. They both exited the café hand in hand.

"Uhm...", Gin stuttered. Maybe she wasn't SO ready but there was no way back anyway! "T-thank you for the wonderful day! I'm going to bring you home now!", she exclaimed and placed a little kiss on Higuchi's cheek.

And Higuchi? She was gone. Gone to paradise.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sweeties! I love those little beans, seriously... They are just so soft but at the same time so cold-blooded I just love to write them... hahh.... Yeah, it's kinda similar to the other one I wrote but this is my comfort so whatever... I even doubt anyone will read until part 132?! Crazy...