Fukumori - Men are not born as soldiers

It's strange how sometimes the little moments feel like an eternity. It feels like the world has stopped and you see everything in slow motion. It's as if you're not truly there. As if you are detached from this world and became a totally different being.

You care about nothing really and at the same time about everything. You're detached but still in the middle of all of it. Still in the middle of the bomb crashing into some soldiers on your left. Some falling prey to bullets on your right. People are shredded into pieced. Flesh and blood is flying around smeared in your face.

Mori wiped some blood away that was closely dripping into his eyes. In his hand a rifle. On his face a former solder uncanny whether it was an ally or a fiend. There were some who were frozen in shock. Shot immediately. There were some who ran away – into their allies rifle because they couldn't see where they were running to.

It was a horrible scene really. War was nothing to be joked about. It was bloody and dehumanizing. Everywhere bullets and corpses. You ran over other bodes as if it was the ground. Even the sky slowly turned red.

War was supposed to be worthy and great, something to regain honor. But in reality it was just cruel. Nothing that the great politicians praised. Mori knew that. His only reason for coming was to keep the sacrifices at a minimum. To end this efficiently. Even though it meant killing his humanity.

And this massacre just happened in a second. There was more to come. More they had to defend. There was a surprise attack on their camp that night. The sound of screams and bombs were waking the rest of the facility up.

In the middle of it all stood Mori. The bullets piercing through parts of his skin but none really hitting him. Bullets, bullets everywhere. Soldiers were trying not to hit so they wouldn't be blamed for another's death. Like animals.

Worse than animals. Their corpses counted up to nothing. Killed for a meaningless ideal, for a dream they would never live. They became one with the dirt beneath them. Either trampled to be uncanny or dirty and stained with murder. Dead or alive you would only end up meaningless and horrible. Smeared with blood.

Those who killed were never celebrated. Only the one who came up with the idea of war. Those who fought for it came home with their heads hanging low. The only solution to keep the victims at a minimum was to be cruel.

Once again Mori reloaded his gun. And with every shot, with every time he reloaded he stopped feeling pain. His whole body was drenched in blood but he felt no pain anymore. He felt no remorse. He felt nothing. His whole being had become a void as he shot man after man directly in the head. As he killed them with a single bullet to keep casualties at a minimum.

He wasn't a war hero at that time. Just a soldier who saw the cruel reality. Who took his shot and knew what he had to do to survive. And as the last of the enemy went down Mori turned around. Checking who was alive. Who had fled. Checking how much he could save.

And in that moment a bomb fell onto the camp destroying everything.

And the ringing from the impact of the bomb that had smashed him down slowly faded into screams. Screams blaming him. Corpses were slowly gripping his feet whispering that he should have died as well. Mumbling that his cruelness was useless and that the world will always hate him.

Men were not born to be soldiers. They were forced to become some. The world formed them like clay and then made them hollow. No human is born without emotions. They are drained from them. Drained and painfully wrung dry until nothing remains. Men are not always evil. They are raised to be

Gasp.

With a slight gasp for air Mori woke up. Once again from the same dream. The same repetition of the past and the present. Some would call it PTSD but actually Mori called it the punishment he deserved. Killing and dehumanizing had become his daily life. Even if he did that to keep the city safe it was still unforgivable. Ugly. Disgusting.

Very slowly he turned around facing the fall. It made him more anxious yes because he couldn't see what was in front of him. Yet it was better than facing his husband. The one lying next to him still asleep.

Mori didn't cry. He wasn't one to do so. No he had never really cried much. Hadn't had the time for that. He wasn't someone to show his emotions openly. It wasn't something others should see. No weaknesses of this murderer should be revealed.

Instead there was sweat running down his temples. His fist clenched. He had to take care so it breathing pattern wouldn't be too irregular or loud to wake the ex-assassin next to him. He wasn't shaking or crying. But he felt cold. Really cold. And even though he was sweating he felt like everything was too cold. It was as if he could still feel the warmth of the blood on his skin.

From time to time these recaps happened. Sometimes from the battlefield and sometimes from his days in the mafia. Sometimes they even mixed. It was nothing he could tell anyone. Nothing he SHOULD tell anyone. It was better to keep it hidden, keep it bottled up inside. No good would come out if he revealed it.

Mori himself was a living nightmare. He killed others. He ordered others to kill. His kill count went up to millions and more. He had no right to dream, no right to cry. He had to act composed. It was his usual self. He could cut through a mans throat without second thought. Yet he wanted to be pitied? How embarrassing. He himself was disgusting. He had no right as long as he didn't fulfill his duties.

And then suddenly a warm arm wrapped around the soldiers waist. A warmth that made him tense up.

Undeserving ugly useless-

Fukuzawa had only been half awake right now. The only thing that let him notice that something was wrong was that Mori had faced the wall though he usually wanted to keep the whole room in check. If it hadn't been for that Fukuzawa would have never really woken up. Everything else seemed fine at the first check.

Then he guessed that if it hadn't been that then it must have been a coincidence. Really what else could it be? So he had thought until he wanted to move his husband back to his chest. Said one only tensed up by the touch. Something he should have expected with his husband next to him.

Normally Mori wasn't tense. He wasn't so vulnerable to others. He would always have a relaxed smile on his face getting on the nerves of others. It was his own torture method. He wouldn't show weaknesses as well as any other openings.

He wouldn't warm up to others. Even just a relationship was hard work. He laughed and he joked around but as soon as they were talking about his feelings he became really quiet. Ignored the question. Mentioned something at work, mostly the most disgusting scenes. And all that with a smile.

Seeing his normally cruel husband like this now broke Fukuzawa's heart a little. It would probably become one of those moments that you will never mention once you wake up. Yet you still remember it as if it had been just yesterday. It was one of those moments where you should rather react than regret it later.

Fukuzawa just slowly moved Mori so that he could lay against his back. His arm still around the other ones waist. "I love you", Fukuzawa said with a small whisper and buried his face into the other ones neck. Time to go back to sleep again.

Mori was someone to be hated. What he had done was for most disgusting and horrifying. And it is. There is no excuse for such actions really. But remember man are not born soldiers they are shaped to be one. Villains also have their reasons that they are who they are...

________________________________________________________________________________

Fukumori Angst yaaay :3 @Dracafeu brought me in the mood so thank you soooo much for talking and theorizing with me for so long... I hope I kinda wrote his character okay :DDD

Anyway this was fuuuun and so it is time to update now uwu