Masked ball (Special)

A masked ball was a special event in high society. All influential persons in Yokohama were present at that time. It was a time to have some leisure enjoyment and carry on with useless conversations. A time you could hide yourself and not be discovered.

The event was so grand that not only the head figures but also some employees were invited. The whole agency was present as well as some influential figures from the mafia's sub companies. There were also some political figures and many security men and women. Like a lot. If there would be massacre here then that would mean suddenly losing some of the most dangerous and most helpful people. Organizations would start thirsting for blood.

And in the middle of all this idle talk was a small man. He had brown hair and a white mask with green ornaments. He also had no interest in all the conversations that were so uselessly spewed beside him. He was actually searching for someone... For someone he knew.

Quickly he spotted one. Thanks to his ultra-deduction finding one who wasn't as useless as others was as easy as sneaking some cake from the buffet. And said person was a tall man with long hair that seemed to almost have a purple glow to it. That person wasn't engaged in a conversation nor was he looking at anything other than the floor. Ranpo really didn't understand how he could be so awkward.

"Yo", Ranpo greeted his boyfriend with a smile. Now he finally he had someone to raid the buffet with. And with someone he meant Karl. Poe was too anxious to eat anything at the moment.

Poe's head shot up immediately and relief spread on his face. Finally someone he knew please forgive him Katai for not searching for his awkward buddy. He smiled a little since he also immediately recognized Ranpo. It was quite the easy task for a former detective. He might not be as skilled as Ranpo but at least he had a LITTLE bit of deduction knowledge.

Ranpo pricked Poe's side a little with a smile as if he was congratulating him. Though Poe just took that as an insult as usual. Even though he was the only one who would gain compliments from the bratty detective from time to time.

The smaller male took Poe's hand and raised his hand towards their desired destination: "Buffet!". And without having a chance to deny the request Poe was dragged along.

At the buffet Ranpo started piling cakes on his plate without any shame. They just kept piling up. Well he was also adding some for Karl because he knew that little snitch would steal some. Though Karl stealing food was acceptable if that meant that Poe was standing beside him. It was an equivalent exchange.

Next to them was a men in a cape. He had a giant top hat as well as braided hair. His face was hidden by a giant card mask.

"Morning clown", Ranpo casually greeted him while putting a piece of chocolate cake on his plate.

The mans head snapped around immediately which made Poe scream very quietly: "Greetings". The man then performed an over dramatic bow and then put the plate he had filled onto his top hat to carry it. Without a second word to them the man went into the crowd. They could only hear him humming 'treats for the rat'.

Ranpo also treated that as if it was normal. He just once again took Poe's hand and dragged him along to a small lounge. On their way they made a small circle around a seemingly clear space. As Poe only looked at Ranpo confused said one commented with: "Sister-lover argument. Thank you for using your Ability so we don't see that"

Ranpo just fell down on a couch he found to be worthy after they arrived. Poe sat down less confident and slouched down a little. After a few minutes he had calmed down enough to look across from them. Surprisingly the two persons sitting there seemed a bit familiar. Poe narrowed his eyes a little and then he got it: Atsushi and Akutagawa!