Shin Soukoku - The things I haven't told you

We all have secrets. Secrets we will never tell anyone else. Secrets that will be kept well hidden inside us. Some won't talk about their past while others won't say anything about their feelings.

Secrets are everywhere. No one can say that they have no secret. Because just as humanity is bound to lie, we are also bound to keep things to ourselves. It's less about hoarding something though. More like keeping something vulnerable safe. Something that could present your - or another - heart on a silver plate.

"So why won't you tell Atsushi how much you like him", Chuuya looked up while he checked the pulse of someone they just fought. He looked quite indifferent about that action he had probably done for thousands of times now.

Akutagawa coughed a little and covered his mouth with his hand: "It will expose me. And I do not have those feelings. My heart is pitch black. I am but a lonely soul unable to love".

Chuuya slowly turned his head towards his junior. He then tilted it with a confused look. "You're together with Atsushi. You're a pair of lovers. You are committed to that role that displays this 'secret' but you won't say it...?"

"Well you don't say it quite often to Dazai-san as well", Akutagawa shrugged and then added: "Actually, I do believe that I might have said it more often than you did..."

"Okay, you don't know for certain WHEN I say it though. Or at least I hope you're not stalking us. PLUS that bastard just blew up my car yesterday", Chuuya fumed. He seemed pretty ready to kill a certain someone just by thinking about it...

"And? You still say it. You become vulnerable as he sees that this will not cross the line. And then he will do even worse things", Akutagawa concluded as he told his expectations to his senior.

"Not if the killer I hired gets him good this time...", was the only answer Chuuya mumbled as he put the man onto the 'unconscious enemies' pile

For a while, the two of them continued their work. Checking and then sorting them into two piles. A mundane task but something that has to be done after a fight. After all the mafia couldn't just have enemies escaping...

"Though that's not what I wanted to say!", Chuuya suddenly screamed breaking the silence. It seemed that he finally remembered what it was he wanted to talk about again. "MY boyfriend and YOUR boyfriend are completely different after all! How would this sunshine ever do anything bad to you? I mean he still stuck with you even after you took how many legs of him away...?"

"Well I mean he can't run away from me then either...", Akutagawa said and both of them chuckled a little. Morbid humor was something quite usual inside the mafia after all... Especially with Mori. Mori had the worst kind of humor. Small things like 'need a hand?' were a usual sentence the executives had to endure...

"Nah Tiger go nyooom!", Chuuya laughed a little bit more and then sighed. "But seriously I think you would make his day a thousand times better if you just say it!".

Akutagawa looked at Chuuya quietly. He narrowed his eyes a little. "I don't want to know what happens to you when you say it, even if you say it just a little bit more than I do".

"Well, it's- STOP MAN! We're trying to fix YOUR relationship right now not mine! I'm telling you right now that you would probably give Atsushi a new reason to live despite money...", Chuuya sighed.

"Money is a good reason to live. What will you do without food and all?"

"Ah yeah sorry. Forgot that the two of you are similar materialistic after what you've been through... BUT STILL! It won't cost you anything! And just saying it to your boyfriend won't expose you as well! I mean come on if Atsushi tells it to someone else they will just think of it as some sort of delusion or dream...", Chuuya tried to convince the black-haired boy in front of him.

"Absolutely not", Akutagawa coughed a little. Then Rashomon appeared to knock out someone who just woke up from the unconscious pile. Another annoying task you had to do while sorting everyone out. It was effective even though people said to never 'but others in boxes or piles'.

Chuuya felt a little frustrated now. The I-want-to-scream-into-a-pillow kind of frustration. "But dude! If I had such sunshine of a boyfriend then I wouldn't NOT tell him! Like he's kind and even took you on so many dates and talked with you until you agreed to date him! No force and everything he just tried to appeal to you!"

"And?"

"And fucking what? For example that annoying Detective Ranpo just, well, annoyed Poe and looks down on him and courted him like that?! Or Koyo and Yosano who just decided to do mutual pinning after they met for the first time?! Damn it just look around you have a very kind way to fall in love", Chuuya tried to now press the truth into the frail man in front of him who just checked another enemy. Yup, dead this time, so onto the corpse pile he went.

"But you also-", Akutagawa started but was silenced directly.

"BUT WHAT? When I first met Dazai he held one of my friends captive and then he fucking told me to be his DOG! Damn it I would rather take someone who would shyly take my hand and who looks at me like I'm their full world and the most beautiful thing they have seen", the small man screamed and stomped his feet.

"I hope for you that Dazai-san hasn't heard this...", Akutagawa raised a non-existent eyebrow of his.

"Let him hear this! Maybe then he will stop blowing up my fricking CARS!", Chuuya was completely enraged now but then took a deep breath to calm down. "Alright but still why won't you say it?".

Akutagawa sighed. He knew how persistent Chuuya could be so it would be better to let him know his secret. Plus Chuuya wasn't someone to use it against him...

"Well once you start pouring you can't really stop. Open the lid and there is no going back. It would be just too embarrassing if I told Jinko how much I love him. How he's adorable when he wants to cuddle. How his eyes shine if he can eat tea on rice and how his cheeks are stuffed with rice. NOT TO MENTION his cute pouting face! And- ", Akutagawa started to ramble. The lid has been opened it seemed...

_________________________________________________________________________

Yaaay a chapter with dialog is that reality?! Hope you enjoyed it weheeew! Thank you to everyone who has commented/voted or even just read this!