Ranpoe - Bored

The world was upside down, everything was turned around. Everything spinning just through that one event.

The mouth of THE greatest detective was wide open, inside a little sugary treat named Lollipop. He was blinking, thinking about this absurdity, about this only event that could turn everything around. This one event, that made everyone look so different, so likely to… bats.

He could feel his blood running into his head while it was turned around. His feet meanwhile got lighter and lighter waving goodbye to the red liquid that was once inside them. So he sat there, legs crossed and over the back rest while his head was hanging over the cushion.

The stool he sat on was slowly stopping to spin and he felt dizzy. Not even extreme blinking could let this fuzziness, this fog inside his head, disappear. The spinning got slower, and slower, and slower. And slower. And slower. And – stop. The end then was followed by a small sight from the small detective on the stool.

It was so BORING.

There was nothing to do for him, nothing interesting at least. He could do some extra work he had at hand, but this was just some uninteresting robbery that even the police could take care of. It was nothing that peaked Ranpos interest or that would matter to him.

Even all his friends were busy. Yosano was out shopping with Kōyō for something like a girls night or whatever. What should they even do? Talk about boys with your wife?

Another sight.

Dazai was off somewhere to annoy Chuuya, you know, the usual. Atsushi was fun to mess with but he was with Akutagawa and that emo boy made sure nobody would even look at his precious little boyfriend with a funny look.

Another sight.

Fukuzawa had plans to go to a cat café while probably making an alliance with Elise so they could drag Mori into it. Poor Mori had a soft heard for these cat fanatic idiots. Not that he wouldn’t like Fukuzawa because of his extreme love for cats. Kunikida was away to have the perfect date with Katai, but everybody knew that Katai would prefer a stay at home kind of date. Though this was not in Kunikidas plan so there was no other way than go along with it or break up. And we all know the last part wouldn’t happen.

Therefore the browned haired male had an idea. Maybe Kunikida was just a little bit similar to Yosano and Dazai if it was about sadistic traits… Even before finishing this thought he had to laugh. That was the most hideous thing ever. Since it was not IDEAL.

Anyway, since everyone was so busy he had only one place he could go: to Poe.

Of course he would have preferred this option anyway but since Poe was close to a deadline, he couldn’t pay attention to his little sweets loving boyfriend. Though Ranpo tried to find a distraction through all his friends he just couldn’t find someone or even an interesting sight in the room except Poe.

He was doomed to stay bored until the rest of his pitiful existence only allowed to watch his boyfriend mumbling and writing.

The way he wrote fascinated Ranpo. Not only because he would never have the motivation to write THIS much (he was even struggling to write a report for 3 pages) but because his movements were so smooth. It was calming to see the ink spreading on the paper, to see the pen make twists turns and lines. To see it stop at a certain time when it had spelled one of the thousand words that would form a unique story only Poe was able to tell.

The only dissatisfying thing about this process were the failures. And with failures Ranpo didn’t meant ink splattering on the paper ruining the perfectly white surface and boarder. With failures he meant the pages Poe threw away. With failures he meant all the wonderful written words that then came to waste by crumbling the white paper and throwing it in the trash can. He could feel his heart drop every time.

Sometimes he would even sneak out some papers and read them in secret.
Of course he wouldn’t do that for any normal sheet of paper. You could never get him to read his reports or even through all the hints that were found by the police. It was too BORING.

Nevertheless Poes books were different. He loved everything about these pages. The writing style. The choice of words. The feeling. The look. The story. It didn’t matter to him that the story would sometimes make no sense or that there were some incorrect grammatic or vocabulary or that he couldn’t understand every word since his English wasn’t the best one in the world. He wasn’t as good as Dazai, Chuuya, Mori or any other member of the mafia.

But these pages had something special to him. These pages that were dedicated just to him, that only he could read since Poe would always type it again on the computer so he could send it to his editor.

It made his heart race to have a lot of them in his hands. It made his heart race to try to solve the riddle as soon as possible. He loved the feeling of finding out who the culprit was. He loved the smile and enthusiastic look Poe gave him when he asked him how he found out. He loved reading the whole book after that, loved stroking over the pages feeling rough paper and dried ink under his fingers. The best situation possible was when Poe started to read the story out loud for his small boyfriend.

And even though he loved all that, he couldn’t even concentrate on that one since Poe was typing it all on his computer from these beautiful pages. Plus he didn’t have any new pages left. He would never reread a book. That was his principle. Rereading was only allowed when he was sitting on his boyfriends lap. With that rule he could steal much more cuddles than he normally would have. Oh how great it was to be good at math so me maximum of cuddles could be found out!

Well, but that all wouldn’t change his mood. It was still boring, so boring.

The typing was clear and systematic. It was a calming clicking noise. Though he didn’t need a calming distraction. He needed interesting stuff! Doing pranks with Dazai and Yosano or something like that. He felt like drawing a yellow smiley on the wall and shooting at it.

There was no escape. At least not if he would just stay on his chair forever. With great use of his non-existing strength he lifted his upper body up and at the same time swinging down his legs from the back rest so the rest could now do her job again.

His feet were feeling funny and wobbly. The dizziness increased while his head started to feel light. The red liquid was now again pumping through his whole body, what a pleasure. It took him some minutes to wake up his feet and legs since they were stinging like crazy.

He then proceeded after this little pause by walking over to his boyfriend and then – plop – letting himself fall into his lap while leaning back to his chest. Afterall he there were 14 centimeters difference in there height.

After his confused boyfriend blinked a bit he asked him “Bored?” while having his fingers still hover over the keyboard. The green-eyed male jus nodded while letting out a small little yawn like a baby cat. Ranpo felt his chest vibrate by the sound of his laughing. He then proceeded with his work while his so called “Rival” was falling asleep on his chest.

Poe couldn’t help but smile

_______________________________________
So it's been a WHILE since I last updated and - surprise - I'm still alive! So I had so much fun writing it (thank you for the request) and I hope you like reading it as much as I liked writing it. Sorry if you think it is bad written (since it is) or if there are too many faults in it :D
Anyway, thank you so much for all the reads and comments (I'm so happy when I see that someone commented on these crappy books of mine)           (〃⌒ー⌒〃)ゞ
By the way if you want to request anything, feel free to comment :)

Next up is Fukumori again (hopefully not next year this time)! :>