Soukoku - 'Date'

Info: This is set in the past when Dazai was still in the mafia :>

What was he doing here again? What was the purpose of this all? Nothing. It was just as meaningless as life. There was nothing fun. Nothing that contained suicide. It was just forced. Something Dazai couldn't escape. He would have rather spent this day looking for a good bridge to throw himself down from... Or spend some time with Odasaku...

"Can you please stop sitting here acting so depressed?!", the small red-haired boy stopped with his feet. He wore a leather jacket and a choker as well as his usual skinny dark pants. His overall thug behavior seemed to match with his appearance. Or at least it would have if there wasn't some bright pink cotton candy in his left hand.

"You don't understand a gist of what is happening right now hat rack. That's why you act so carefree...", Dazai sighed. He wished for his time in life to finally be over... Or that he could at least fire a few guns right now... He wasn't really aching to smell the metallic smell of blood. still, the fights he had as an executive were some of the most exciting parts of his life.

"TCH! You just take everything too seriously! When else do you have the time to spend in an amusement park?! I for my part want to enjoy my first time here! Though I'm just as thrilled as you are to spend it with a suicidal maniac...", Chuuya sighed and took a bite from his cotton candy.

How ignorant of the small boy. But he was just a small boy in his mind so how could Dazai judge him? After all, Chuuya was so stupid that it had been the easiest task to trick him and get him out of his old gang. Still, Dazai hated the thought that Koyo and Rando were the ones taking his achievements away from him! How carefree his life could have been with that dog by his side...

The situation that the chibi didn't get right now was actually quite simple. Mori had given the both of them a day off. The boss played it like an act of kindness and that they should enjoy the time they had in their youth like normal children as well. So he bought them tickets to an amusement park.

The thing behind this whole scheme was that Mori's tone didn't allow any sort of rejection or left room for ideas. Chuuya had simply accepted this and seemed even thrilled to go there for the first time in his life. Dazai on the other side saw the true intentions of the boss. It wasn't to strengthen their 'bond as partners' but because trying to make them fall in love had become a stupid hobby of his.

Still, as it had been an order from the boss Dazai had no room to escape. He really tried to do so. Tried to unleash a gang war even with a bit of manipulation. But everyone had suddenly turned against him.

Odasaku took down the unleashed war within a few hours. Ango seemed to have an eye out and keep Dazai from stirring up even more trouble. Even Hirotsu caught Dazai when he was trying to run away! The only one who didn't do anything directly was Koyo. She only threatened Dazai to not 'lay hands on Chuuya and ruin this opportunity for Chuuya to enjoy himself a little. Had the whole mafia started to participate in this silly hobby of the boss?!

"OUCH!", Dazai exclaimed as he felt a sharp pain on his forehead. Chuuya had flicked against it and was now standing right in front of him.

"At least try to enjoy this you idiot!", he then just grabbed Dazai's hand and dragged him across the park again.

"This is nothing but meaningless enjoyment. How do you find riding on a rollercoaster coaster so funny? It is nothing but a bumpy car ride. There is nothing to enjoy here", Dazai sighed. Everything felt so meaningless and stupid. Even more, now that he had to take a day off from work. He would have rather spent his day in the dungeon trying to get some answers from the prisoners there...

"You know that's why I hate you so much", Chuuya sighed. He was annoyed that his fighting partner was always so gloomy and creepy.

"Bold thing to say while you're holding my hand~", Dazai raised an eyebrow.

"IDIOT! You know that the boss said to do that so we don't lose each other! TCH!", Chuyya said angrily. It was almost as if he was spitting it out. Still, the small boy's face slightly turned red... How cute...

"Just let go they are not going to kill us for that. Plus if I don't want to lose my dog then I would use a leash"

"I'M NOT YOUR DOG!", Chuuya growled - like a dog. Dazai raised his eyebrows. After it was clear that Chuuya had lost the bet and it was starting to annoy him how he didn't accept his fate.

"Not so loud Chuuya-chan, the whole park is going to stare~", Dazai chuckled as at least annoying Chuuya a bit seemed to be amusing.

"Shut up! I really can't go through this day if all you do is sit around and think everything in the world is meaningless!"

"But it is~"

"SO WHAT? My life hasn't been perfect as well but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy it!", Chuuya clicked his tongue and then looked for something in his small bag. As he had found what he was looking for the small man pulled out a pink scarf. Probably something Koyo gave him to stay warm.

"Looking fashionable now?~" Dazai snickered.

"Shut up you maniac!", Chuuya took a step towards Dazai and blindfolded him.

"Is that SM now or what?"

"It's me being annoyed with your bullshit so now you're not allowed to see any more", Chuuya stated and took the other one's hand to drag him to the next attraction.

It wasn't as if Dazai was forced to wear it all the time. He could easily get out of it, really. But right now? Why would he? It was meaningless anyway and the less he had to see the hat rack the better.

Still, the most confusing thing about how the day kept going was, that Dazai started to enjoy it little by little. It was as if his whole vision had been tainted up till now. Being able to see nothing wasn't changing his thoughts in any way. The thing that influenced this change was no one other than the hat rack.

After they had walked for a bit Chuuya started to talk all the time. No meaningless small talk or anything. He talked about what he saw. The different attractions. What he found exciting about them. How he perceived the colors. It was if... as if Dazai could see a world that was so much brighter just by listening to the small boy's excitement. The world wasn't perfect and many parts were not even mentioned but it seemed so... so different.

And now before Dazai knew it the day had already almost passed. The only thing that was left was the firework. The small explosions sounded familiar to the ones of grenades and they were nothing more than dangerous if you used them in that way.

Yet the hat rack seemed so mesmerized by them that he stopped in the middle of explaining. For the first time now, Dazai took off his blindfold. He felt like his world had darkened again. The glimmering explosions didn't make him feel anything.

However, for a small moment, his heart seemed to stop as he looked at Chuuya. His eyes sparkling. Mouth formed into a big toothy smile. There was no defense or even awareness in his stance. As if the mafioso had forgotten who and where he was.

It might sound silly but that moment right now seemed like the most beautiful one Dazai had ever seen.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hmmmm... I don't HATE this one but I don't feel like it's very good... Anyway fun to write so let's move on!

This idea came from AntisocialSimp11 ! :D