Fukumori - Deserving

Did he deserve this? A simple question asking whether a person deserved a certain fate and or object. Quite simple. Some people called it Karma, some people wondered what that red head did again when hearing this.

Does a murder deserve to die? Does a mother deserve to always have respect from her child no matter what she does? Does Ranpo deserve that praise he always longed for? Does Dazai deserve death just because he's curious? Did HE deserve THIS?

A crucial question indeed. A necessary one as well. After all it was the thin string that held his mind up. Did I deserve this? The question echoed through his mind. The Mafia boss was in his mind, not paying attention to anyone or anything around him. Quite unusual indeed.

Does he deserve this? Well he certainly wasn't a good man. Yes, he killed others. In the moral mind of others killing was a no -go. For him it was a necessary evil. Dazai always said, if he was a DnD character then he would be lawful evil. However for him "evil" was just a categorization. Indeed it was morally expected and depending on time and place. Evil was not consistent, so was this evil? True evil was killing out of pure joy.

The essence of evil was doing something unnecessary evil. The rationalist wouldn't do that, why would he? It was unbelievable thinking for him that Dazai would shoot a dead man on the ground out of pure joy. If it was fear it could have been at least a bit understandable but... Everything had a reason. He lived with this believe and he never failed with it. It is legit to use everything as long as it brings good, was what he thought.

Good was movement, technology just everything that was connected to move forward. Whether it was emotionally, physical or anything else. Therefore for him the necessary evil was a way to the good.

Odasakus little... accident was a necessary evil. It truly was. Mori would have never let go of such a capable employee, why would he? Though from time to time he wavered. Was there really no other option? Was it good to let go of three capable employees? Ango was one of the best men he had in the Archive. Odasakus Ability saved many men and was so useful that it covered his moral beliefs. Dazai was VERY talented. That man was scarily smart, probably one of the smartest persons ever. Was it necessary to let go of these talents? Sometimes he wondered whether it would have been easier to get killed by Dazai so the Mafia could rise even more.

On the other hand Soukoku would have been united. Not that he would be against the sexual tension to be finally over and united. He shipped it, he really did. But balance had to be kept so all Soukoku teams had to be apart... at least in the job. He would get Chuuya and Dazai together at all costs. Shin Soukoku was going quite smooth too so he wouldn't have to worry about them...

Slap

"Are you even listening to me?!", spit flew in the doctors face making his face crunch up in disgust. Did he deserve this? Who knows. Answering the question was something he shouldn't do. It would make him admit defeat.

"HEY!", the man screamed and punched the stomach of the rationalist with full force. Said one gasped out in pain. Oh he wanted to slit open the throat. How he wanted to let the fine and silver scalpel to be covered in red. He wanted to break every little bone beginning with his fist and then moving on. He wanted to-

Crack

His head hurt. A high tone was echoing in his ear and his vision was blurry. That – how Chuuya would say it – bastard used a metal pipe this time. What an Asshole. He clearly enjoyed hurting the raven haired man. After all he had nothing to be scared about with the hands of the doctor tied up in both directions. No means of escape. Did he deserve this?

The man spat in his face again, what was he a Llama. Mori let out an ironic chuckle. "Finally got your attention, huh? Now tell me-" he grabbed his collar lifting him up even more than the ropes on his wrists did "WHO and WHERE is the Mafia Boss?". A grin filled out the face of the man. Oh this idiot was so sure that he could get something out of the doctor in front of him. Dazai could have. Dazai had the worst ideas of torture. Who knows if Mori would have told him something. But the one in front of him wasn't Dazai. Why should he confess to a beginner, an idiot and a cocky bastard?

Especially not if HE was the one in question. The only person who would do that was probably Dazai. Suicide and being a maniac at the same time? Sign him up.

So with no regret or anything he lied: "I don't know". Well technically lied. He knew WHO the Mafia Boss was but oh boy he had no idea WHERE he was. It was half and half. He ended up in this situation anyway since Kōyō didn't want to go to the mission since she had a date with Yosano and Elise wanted to stay at home and finish an absolute masterpiece of art. He still had to search for a place on the wall for it...

As a result the Boss himself went there. Instead of getting everything done quickly he did a wrong step and... And his back started to hurt more than bumping his little toe a thousand times. Age sure was a setback. Dazai would have laughed at him. One reason why he wouldn't contact anyone right now. Yes the reason why he was in this situation was because of his back not because they got him or anything. He hoped that the so called lame "torture" would kindly help him get his back together and that he could finally take his turn of this one-sided slapping...

Well it was lame in contrast to Dazai but it still hurt. With the position he was in right now they could kill him easily as well. But they wouldn't as long as they didn't got the information they asked for. So all he could do was endure it. He already endured it for a day after all so maybe he would be lucky in the next few hours...

Another punch made the doctor yelp out in pain again. Even a few tears of the suppressing pain and sting ran down his face mixing with the blood and dust on his face. Laboratory coat was already colored a bloody pink around his shoulders. Hopefully his body would not break before his back was fixed. How humiliating.

The man once again raised his fist and grinning like a maniac. Maybe he was more into punching than actually getting an answer...

Crash, krck, slick

It all happened quick. In recap: The door bursts open crash, the man was grabbed by his collar krck, and was then slick skewered onto the wall with a sword. How old school. It still posed the question why. Why did this person arrive here and more important: Why would HE help MORI? Weird...

"Good evening Fukuzawa", Mori greeted the man in the Yukata.

"Hello", the man of few words answered. With the sword on his side he easily slid open the ropes tying the doctor in place.

"Thank you, but why? Do I have to do you a favor now?", the raven posed the question he wanted to be answered the most. After all this was uncalled for.

"No"

"Then why did you help me?"

"I heard you weren't there for a day", the man shrugged and Mori looked at him in confusion asking again: "Why did you help me?".

Both stared at each other until Fukuzawa gave up: "I don't really know. You are a pedophile and a rationalist that will do anything, even if it's evil, to get things done the way he wants them to..." He helped the raven haired man stand up securing him at his waist. This made said man blush a little. Just because it was an embarrassing state of course. What else would it be? "You still don't deserve THIS. Maybe Fyodor would, but not you".

The words shocked him as much as the one time he saw Fukuzawa in a western style outfit. It made the rationalist kind of happy even though it shouldn't. It made him happy that all he did FOR others was recognized especially from Fukuzawa. He couldn't help but smile a little. A genuine smile not a creepy grin.

"thank you"

"No problem"

"If you ever sprain your back I will help too". Both of them laughed while Fukuzawa got the doctor to his underground lab to fix his injuries. It was an surprisingly pleasant mood between those two...

________________________________________________________________________________

Ahhh again a Fukumori Oneshot, hope you all don't get sick of it but I probably won't stop anyway xD

The schedule is packed but I at least gotta finish some parts for you and for me cause I need more fluff in my life uwu