Soukoku - Flowers

Relationships are like flowers. Every single one is a little different from the other yet there are certain types of relationships. Friendship. Family. Lovers. There are so many different types of love. And they all are different types of flowers. Some have petals and look beautiful. Some are plain but have healing properties.

Flowers are something bound by nature. They will occur whenever there is the right environment. They will prosper without you knowing it. They will grow and rise, some becoming more sturdy than others. The only thing you needed to do was correctly care for them.

Chuuya looked at the flower in its hand. It was called the most beautiful of all. It was a rose. What would it represent? Chuuya thought for a second and then found an answer. A rose was a beautiful relationship. A relationship bound by trust and time-consuming. Roses were the absolute clear representation of love.

Yes, their representation was almost obsessive. They were everywhere. Their beauty was astounding and whenever they would be witnessed everyone was looking at it in awe. It was a relationship that made your heart clench. That made you envy yet absolutely happy that something pure like that existed.

Did he ever witness such a beautiful relationship? Did he ever see a perfect rose? Maybe. He couldn't be certain after all. Maybe Kunikida and his boyfriend had such a pure and wonderful relationship. Yet they seemed more like a tree of some sort. A tree that rose and prospered within time. A sturdy friend and lover that would stay at your side no matter what.

Atsushi and Akutagawa's relationship was like a sunflower. Chuuya nodded, that fitted perfectly. Together they could search for the light. Look at the bright side of life as well as supporting each other. It was a sturdy and big flower. A beautiful one.

Another example would be Fukuzawa and Mori. The two bosses had more of a helping relationship. It wasn't lovey-dovey or absolutely beautiful but simply for the both of them. It was like... like aloe vera. Having healing abilities yet looking extremely sharp and pointy.

Chuuya chuckled. It was quite fun to search for examples. Though the focus was still on the rose. The one most desired flower. Has he ever had a rose relationship?

Of course. Everyone had such a relationship. After all, a rose was something that naturally occurred. It was a relationship that for Chuuya represented the family. Uncommon, he knew that. Yet it fitted so perfectly he couldn't think of anything else for a family flower.

Because roses are beautiful. They have this wonderful contrast between colors. Like a vibrant red that pierces through all the other flowers. That's what you expect from a family. Because you expect a wonderful and vibrant environment. Because You see this beautiful flower that takes in all your senses.

Yes, roses were the deepest part of the soul that was touched. They would grow from one's heart as you are still a child. Which is also their beautiful lie.

Because roses can grow thorns over time. They will become hurtful and grow protective. Still, they hide under their beautiful facade so that you will not notice their thorns piercing deeply into your skin. And they will tell you to hold onto it because it's so beautiful while your hands are dripping with blood. Because they will tell you that it is the most beautiful flower of all but with only controlling you display the true beauty in nature.

Because some roses are restrained by their gardeners to only grow in one direction. They aren't allowed somewhere else. Some roses do not know where to go. They want to grow yet there is no space. So some parts will wither by being restrained. They will be cut off because they do not fit.

Though the flower cannot do anything against this. It cannot choose its gardeners. it cannot choose how it is cared for and when it will wither if no one does. It cannot do anything against not getting enough love or freedom.

Especially a rose has a tough life. The child will give it nutrients. The child will unconditionally love its family even if it is the wrong thing to do. It's an easy matter. If the environment is toxic there will be thorns. Thorns if you neglect the flower. Thorns that will hurt the one in whose heart it is growing. Thorns that will eat all trust and hope.

Chuuya had been through that with sheep. Their family had been a toxic lie. It was insane actually. Only later did he realize how many thorns pierced his heart. How much he had given for nothing in return. His heart had become a rose garden.

It was true that some thorns could be cut over time. They could be carefully be removed. But the scar will always remain. So maintaining and caring for a flower should be absolute. Because whatever you say and do cannot be reversed.

Though even though roses were one example many other relationships were just as toxic, that were represented with poisonous flowers. Like the boss who had mentally scarred Yosano. At first, it might have looked beautiful for both of them but then? Then they slowly realized that it was poisonous after it was too late

Chuuya chuckled once again. Wishing for an extravagant relationship also meant wanting to care for it just as much. It also meant that it could be poisonous after all with such vibrant colors. The only way you could tell through was time. So wasn't it better to just stick to boring flowers? To want a tree sturdy and strong? To want something that could heal you and make you feel better? Who cares about appearances if it only is a beautiful lie at most.

Chuuya sighed a bit. He didn't want to care for a rose once again. There wasn't enough love and trust in his heart anyway. He just wanted something small and easy. Something that wasn't absolute or toxic but just... just there. After all, a lover was something in his life that wasn't ruined yet... But also probably something he would never experience. It was just a bit how love slowly crept up more and more in his life...

"Chuuuuyaaa~", A familiar voice shouted while kicking open his door. It was the suicidal maniac who seemed to just randomly visit Chuuya's house more and more... What a weirdo.

"Huh?", Chuuya turned around from the edge of the balcony he was sitting on while he was looking at the flowers on the edge of it... What should happen anyway? Gravity dragging him down? Screw gravity!

"I found a dandelion while falling! You see I haven't tied my shoes together and then when My face-planted onto the asphalt I saw that ugly little flower here! Quite sturdy, huh? Anyway, it reminded me of you especially with the height so here I am-", Dazai explained.

"YOU DAMN", Chuuya ran towards the bandaged man who had just once again insulted his height. Dandelions might be annoying at times but truly they are simple to care for and always there for you after all...

_________________________________________________________________________

Yaaaaay I've started sooner this time... I really liked this idea in my head so I tried to bring it into words now :3 Hope you like it and that it was understandable xD

Plus I'm really hyped about the new Dazai light novel TwT

Anyway moving on-