Fukumori - Cat

"I think she's cute", Fukuzawa remarked.

"Well she doesn't annoy you", Mori sighed as he looked at the furball beneath his feet. It was a small little kitten that Fukuzawa picked up on his way home.

Just as the agency boss arrived at a dark alleyway it started to rain heavily. Hearing a small meow from it Fukuzawa spotted a small little kitten, abandoned in a box. In the rain. The heavy and strong rain. How could he possibly leave such a cute creature behind? So he brought it home. Much to the demise of his husband.

"Not only did you bring a cat home without asking but you also shielded her from all of the rain with yourself. It's a kitten", Mori sighed looking at the small creature that was carefully eating the food in front of it. The food that Fukuzawa had bought on his way. So for your information yes he went in a supermarket completely wet and with a sword and a kitten. A true idiot.

"It needs someone. And it deserves to be saved".

"It's an animal", Mori said earning an angry look from his husband. With a sigh he added: "It's young and healthy. I think you're more to be worried about..."

"Why do you think that? In my former... career I also stayed in the rain for days", Fukuzawa raised an eyebrow.

"I don't suspect that you still have the same body as before. You aged and so did I. Before I could also fall asleep on the floor of my clinic on hectic days. And now? If I fall asleep on the couch my back will kill me in my sleep", Mori sighed once again. Sometimes his husband truly was hopeless...

"Maybe you shouldn't stay so long at work then", Fukuzawa added taking a sip from the tea he was forced to make to 'warm up'.

"Maybe. But if I do it seems that my husband decides to bring home a stray cat", Mori shook his head and opened a drawer for band aids. He then sat down on the couch beside Fukuzawa to take care of his wounds.

The kitten clumsily climbed up Mori's leg as well and took a seat right next to the mafia boss. Snuggled against his leg. Mori sighed once again: "See it already declared this as it's home. Not even thinking about how much my trousers might cost..."

"So you prefer dogs?", Fukuzawa scowled at the thought. How could he like someone like that? Cats were just too precious.

"Dogs are naively stupid. Loyal to the core so that they would die for their owner. No I rather prefer wolfs", Mori chuckled and stopped disinfecting Fukuzawa's wounds for a second. The wounds he got from the cat if you hadn't guessed so before. The small creature was so scared that it dug it's claws deeply into the one who tried to help her.

It was a more extreme reaction than usual. Usually cats avoided Fukuzawa or were just discontent if he petted them. Much to his demise. But this cat? It was absolutely nuts. It ran away as soon as it saw a stranger. It hissed as Fukuzawa and tried to escape as if it meant to escape death.

It was a Persian cat. The small kitten now had light grew fur after the rain washed away the dirt. It was thin since it hadn't eaten much. But Fukuzawa gave him something to eat and a place to stay. For now at least.

And what did that stupid creature do? Instead of instantly loving his savior it decided to go for the mafia boss that was his husband. Yes Fukuzawa was big and scary but come on after being saved? There should be at least a little bit of common sense. But not for this creature.

"You can also just leave it as it is. A little dirt won't harm me", Fukuzawa commented at the black haired male that now proceeded to put band aids over his wounds. Not the right reaction though to someone who helps you voluntarily. Who helps you despite he is usual cruel and a cold blooded killer. Not the right reaction to say to a doctor because those people exactly know how you could die from not disinfecting a wound.

"Tsk", came from the mafia bosses mouth. No other verbal reaction. Oh well but the band aids he was sticking onto the other ones skin? Let's say he wasn't careful anymore not to pad too hard on them.

For the rest of the process Fukuzawa stayed quiet. Who knew, maybe if he talked some more he would end in the ocean with a new pair of concrete shoes. It was almost a bit relaxing if it wasn't for Mori from time to time pressing against the other ones wounds...

"You do know that you will give it to a shelter tomorrow. Get a box before you do or otherwise you won't be able to get it out of the house", Mori nodded to the small kitten beside him. It was completely oblivious to the dangerous person it was laying next to. Snuggled onto the side of his leg and leaving light grey hair all over the sofa and Mori's clothes. Much to said ones hatred.

Fukuzawa on the other hand was delighted. A cat in his house? Mori home early? What a dream. When Mori was home early it for instances meant more time to spend with him. Plus he wouldn't do illegal things for that time. So it was a win-win situation for Fukuzawa. And the cat next to Mori just looked so adorable. Not that Fukuzawa would smile about something like that. He just kept those sentiments for himself.

Another win was that the cat seemed to be attached to Mori now. So maybe with a bit of luck it could also slowly come to like Fukuzawa. At least when Mori showed it that Fukuzawa was no threat. Fukuzawa only stared at his husband. It would be hard to convince him.

"No-", Mori started to argue. Fukuzawa hadn't said anything yet. However being the mafia boss came with a few 'abilities'. And one of them was to be prepared or even sense oncoming danger. Like the danger of adopting a cat right now.

"Please", Fukuzawa interrupted Mori. It was his final measure. He never really pleaded for something. Especially not in front of Mori. He would rather not show a weakness in front of the mafia boss. But this? This called for desperate measures.

The opportunity was rare. Mori refused to go into a shelter to even look at cats. He also refused to stop to pat a stray cat. Even just taking care of a cat of a neighbor for a day was a no-go. So now a cat being in their house because Fukuzawa just took it with him? A golden opportunity. And probably the only one Fukuzawa could use to finally gain a furry companion in their house.

They both looked each other in the eyes. No one was breaking eye contact. Both determined but the winner was already determined. Mori was a killer and a cold blooded mafia boss. He sacrificed a whole armies sanity with just a blink. He sacrificed his own employees for the wellbeing of the company. He would do everything for the mafia. Even sacrifice himself if it would be the most beneficial solution. He was absolute and rational.

So obviously Fukuzawa won. I mean choosing your enemy as your husband? Developing feeling for the one you are meant to hate? That's nothing rational. It was the only thing Mori couldn't control.

And that was also why Fukuzawa was superior when asking Mori for a favor. Because unlike Mori he knew that his husband wasn't perfect or anything. That his husband was a rationalist with morals that wouldn't really be called morals since they were so cruel. He knew that the person he loved wasn't perfect and flawed. And he liked him regardless. So giving up because of Mori? Never.

"Fine", Mori sighed fully knowing that it was his loss. And that he had to take care of the stupid cats needs since she got so attached to him. Now the time of falling glasses and a cat ruining his documents would come. But a defeat was a defeat, he couldn't cheat this time. "So have you thought about a name for her?".

________________________________________________________________________________

Ahhh some nice stupid fluff uwu The little cat will probably be brought in a few other oneshots owo I got this idea from @sol_smol

I actually planned another angst part lol, but I need more research for that... So I guess Fukumori angst will be coming soon as well xDDD Plus I had so many story ideas I'm really itching to write them...