Shin Soukoku - The useless senpai II

As soon as Akutagawa entered his office he silently sat down on the sofa that was standing in the middle of the room. Higuchi bought it so that everyone could be comfortably seated. Before Akutaga refused to acknowledge it but now he saw the perks in it. Well, who would spent so much money on a sofa when you could just sit on the floor? Even though he gained very much money in the mafia he still tried to get the cheapest offers possible.

The other members had already left. Gin was probably taking Higuchi out for a walk – or how she secretly named it: A date. Tachihara went off to get on the nerves of this one agency fellow. Hirotsu was god (or Chuuya) knows where. Akutagawa even suspected that his older colleague started seeing someone nowadays. Hirotsu just seemed so happy and generally content the past few weeks he must have found someone...

The reason they left was due to their work time being long over. Yes Akutagawa has taken quite some time to finish his last task. And this was all because the weretiger got on his nerves! He still felt his blood boiling when he thought about it. Sadly the tiger escaped just in time when Akutagawa wanted to strike the finishing blow.

A long sigh escaped the thin boys mouth. He leaned back closing his eyes to take in the softness of the cushions. Something he hadn't felt when he was a child. Now just sitting there was strange. Like he didn't belong there...

The scene of his fight in the evening came back. As if it wanted to replay again and again and again. The weretiger was standing in front of him. Atsushis arms were empty as he exited the post office. Akutagawa was in a dark alleyway. Beating up thugs that thought it was good to steal from the mafias turf. From people that were under their protection. Their eyes met. Akutagawa was getting ready to fight the stupid cat once he tried to save those thugs-

"You're cute when you're working so diligent", the white haired boy remarked. His eyes open. No smile to be seen as if he was mesmerized. No hostility, no mocking tone. Only a moment after Akutagawa started attacking him.

"Yoo I'm coming in!", a voice in front of the door snapped Akutagawa out of his mind.

As the black haired boy looked up he looked straight into the eyes of his coworker. His superior. Chuuya was standing in the door shamelessly letting himself in. Their eyes locking. A smile formed on Chuuya's face: He knew exactly what was going on.

How couldn't he know? The strong blush on Akutagawa's face made it obvious. Another indicator was that he had fought with Atsushi again. After all the boss was really at a loss since the boss of the agency started sending complains that this was getting out of hand.

"Thinking about Atsushi again?", Chuuya asked while laughing and then went towards a kettle to make himself some tea.

"WHY SHOULD I?", Akutagawa complained embarrassed. He then covered his mouth with his hand in embarrassment and to calm down: "You sure make yourself comfortable as if you are at your own home".

"Obviously, I'm at a underlings office", Chuuya ruffled through Akutagawa's hair. Well how couldn't he? Now that the younger male was sitting down he could easily reach it without embarrassing himself...

Akutagawa only huffed in response. Chuuya then put another cup of tea in front of Akutagawa. With extra sugar since Akutagawa was too thin for his own good.

"And at a friends office at that", Chuuya added as he sat down and shrugged. He then swiftly put one leg over the other as if he was a therapist or at least someone of high knowledge: "Tell me, why are you so angry with the tiger boy when you have a crush on him?".

"I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH!", Akutagawa shouted. He even stood up in the heat of the moment and Rashomon was only a few centimeters from Chuuyas face. It would have been a spectacular and strong sight if it wasn't for the giant blush spreading in Akutagawa's face. That was prove enough to show his affection for the agency member.

Chuuya raised an eyebrow and Akutagawa slowly slumped back into his former seat. Even he himself saw how ridiculous it would be to still deny his feelings towards his senior after this reaction...

"So what happened today. Spill the tea", Chuuya demanded as he took a sip from his cup. His eyes hinting that he wouldn't leave until Akutagawa told him.

"You sure like acting all high and mighty as if you know everything", Akutagawa's complain was met with yet another sip from the older male. After a moment of silence Akutagawa sighed in defeat.

"The useless tier told me I looked cute today", Akutagawa explained getting more and more quiet with every word.

"And you try to kill him?"

"You try to kill Dazai-senpai too when he calls you cute!"

"That's because he doesn't mean it and always adds something shitty after that! He doesn't mean it in the slightest bit!", Chuuya tried to calm himself again. This wasn't about him but his (not so) little coworker Aku. Both of them sat in silence again until Chuuya added: "But if he calls you cute then maybe he likes you as well..?".

"After I tried to kill him so many times? Don't be ridiculous even this stupid tier wouldn't be so-", Akutagawa started but was then stopped by Chuuya.

"Then why call someone who would try to kill you for mocking him cute?", Chuuya added having a smile on his face. Little did Akutagawa know that his senpai was in the stronger position right now. The other one had information that Akutagawa was not aware of. Information from Kunikida.

Chuuya met Kunikida as he just finished a task outside. The tall man was taking a walk and seemed devasted. The next obvious thing to do was then to invite him for a cup of tea to talk about his worries. Not out of kindness, no Chuuya was a mafia member. He all did that for gathering intel. Even when he listened to Kunikida complaining about Dazai. Never would he want to ease another person's soul since he knew the pain. No never. Nope.

Due to that he now knew that Atsushi had a crush on Akutagawa. And through his many talks with Akutagawa he knew that said one had a crush on Atsushi. Mutual love how sweet! Chuuya didn't really believe in the concept of unconditional love. He was forsaken by the ones he trusted before. Stabbed and poisoned. Yet he still felt so excited at the thought that his coworker could finally gain some happiness.

His plan was to now get those two together. For that he first needed to change Akutagawa's mind from attacking to accepting. Then he needed Atsushi to start more advances. And then he would take care of the nuisance Dazai by killing him off so there was no jealousy Akutagawa would feel. Not a very necessary step since he hoped that Akutagwa would gain self-appreciation through Atsushi, but it was the plan he and Kunikida ultimately agreed upon.

"Let's say you have a chance, then you should learn a bit how to flirt and keep your temper, right?", Chuuya proposed and smiled. The one next to him said nothing as to silently agree. The plan was starting to move on!

________________________________________________________________________________

Yaaaay part two from more or less Akutagawa's perspective. Less fluffy I guess but more realizing feelings... Hope you like it nonetheless uwu

BTW if anyone is interested in my crack Hirotsu ship look at the kaishin Oneshots from @sol_smol xDDDD