Fukumori - Bloodstained

What is the worst thing to wash out of your clothes? It's not paint. Nor tomato soup like parents always like to nag. It seems that everything is suddenly irremovable as soon as you WANT it removed. But there is one stain that cannot be washed off.

It's the bloodstain. Mori looked at his white lab coat. Once again it was sprinkled with red dots. At home, he would just throw the coat into a fire. Destroying all evidence that there was even a jacket, to begin with. It had become a usual routine for things that had become bloodstained.

Everyone else still kept trying. They didn't give up, especially Koyo. If there was even a small stain on her Kimono then she would wash it out immediately. The others would try their best and at some times it even worked.

Mori sighed. Obviously, a once-white lab coat would never be truly white again. Never. Even if the stains disappeared he could still recount every small point where they had made their way deep into the fabric. A white lab coat that was now tinted red. Bloodstained and only left to be burned.

You couldn't even deny that there were stains. They definitely didn't look like his injury or even like a bloody nose either. They were stains that seemed to have burned their way onto the white lab coat.

A stained piece of fabric cannot serve its former purpose. And that is a fact. Because it will never look the way it did before. Even if it was stained before sewing. The only way you can still use such a piece of clothing is by dying it.

Dying it blood red. Or pitch black. Colors that are just as horrifying as the bloodstain. A coat that has been fully washed in blood will at least have the same color. That or burning were the only two options you could choose from after being bloodstained.

Mori shook his head while he reached for his keys. The coat was safely stored in his bag. How many had he ruined until now? He didn't even bother dying them anymore. They were... too many. One again to fully burn or to sink into the deep abyss. And no one would ever know that it was him who had taken another's life.

"Good day?", Fukuzawa 'greeted' his husband. He wasn't someone that went out of line with his words after all. Mori wasn't sure but perhaps it would kill the agency boss to say just a few more words than necessary.

"It was alright. I got to take care of a few things but nothing more. Yours?", Mori shrugged. A daily conversation. Usual even. It had become somewhat of a ritual between the two. A ritual while coat in his bag was tinted red.

At the reversed question Fukuzawa sighed. There was even slight annoyance seen on his face. His brows were slightly forming a frown and the white-haired male was rubbing his temples a bit. "You see, Dazai decided it was a good day to fill the entire office with ducks...".

"Only ducks seem to be a light version of his usual pranks", Mori chuckled.

"One was a Bluetooth speaker"

"Ten times 'What's new pussy cat', one time 'it's not unusual' and then-"

"YES."

Mori chuckled again, this time a bit louder. This was the usual origin of Dazai's pranks. Before in the mafia, he tended to do more dangerous and destructive pranks. But now? Now he was just confusing. Psychoterror wasn't even that horrible.

"Oh, I bet you can learn to live with it. Or you shall behead all the ducks", Mori suggested while he put the bag he carried in his office and returned to the living room.

"We beheaded the ducks", Fukuzawa took a long sip from his green tea. He seemed pretty much on the edge. Well most likely, you wouldn't expect such a sentence to normally pass his lips after all.

So as the caring and kind husband Mori was, he only laughed at the other's misery. Then he took a book from the bookshelf and sat down right next to his husband. It was another part of their daily life you could say. After all their working hours were so different at times, that taking this small time to relax could be the only time they saw each other in a busy week.

They both read a bit in silence. No one said a thing even though they hadn't seen each other for a few days this time as well. Not awkward but comfortable. As if the other one's presence was enough to feel at home. It was crazy how nothing changed. Nothing except the blood-stained lab coat.

Mori was suddenly pulled to the side of his husband. Now he was more laying on the other one's shoulder while his body was simply used as an armrest. So the mafia boss just looked up and raised an eyebrow.

Fukuzawa simply looked back with that never-ending fuck face of his. He even had some small reading glasses on which always were a delight to look at. Mori never imagined to be saying that about someone older than him, but it was very cute.

After a few moments of silence and not breaking eye contact, Fukuzawa finally said something: "What's wrong?".

"Nothing. What should be wrong?", Mori raised an eyebrow. He didn't remember somewhere he acted weird nor did anything else came to his mind.

"I don't know"

"Great help Sherlock. Aren't you leading a detective agency?", Mori sighed. Still just annoying Fukuzawa with his job and that he should 'deduce' and 'act smart' some more was too funny.

"You're always off when we haven't seen each other for a few days", Fukuzawa said while mustering his husband. He just couldn't find out what was wrong...

"I think you're forgetting who I am, my dear", Mori chuckled. Yet he felt all his muscles slightly tensing up. Fukazawa's instincts weren't something he could fool. They weren't like his mind.

Fukuzawa sighed and just buried his face in Mori's shoulder. "Then I have no other option but to find out eventually...".

Mori's gaze on the other hand slightly wandered off to the office. The room had its door closed to hide the elephant in the room. The blood-stained coat that was still in his bag.

He could try to hide the stains by patching them up or drawing over them. But they could never ever disappear. These stains were now burned within, a sin that could never be erased. You could only burn or dive deep into the abyss.

How many had he ruined until now? Mori lost count. How many had burned and how many were forcefully taken to dive into the darkness? It was his fault no matter how you looked at it.

Mori knew what was wrong but he always tried to hide it – no he tried to forget it. Because when smiles are sweeter than honey and the world consists of sweet nothing then you only want to close your eyes. You don't want to see the fire or the black hole in front of you. Not when someone takes your bloodstained hand into theirs.

________________________________________________________________________________

Yaaay! I liked that metaphorical speaking, I dunno if you people liked it as well tho :3 Anyway I dunno what tocategorize this with anyway! Plus I have procrastinated again, who would haveguessed, lol! Anyway I just love those two too much, I swear...