Fukumori - Dopamine

Dopmine is a substance in the human body causing one to feel euphoric towards an selected person.

This ideal of love as an indescribable feeling is not valid could one argument. It was something proven biologically something one can't deny.

"It is scientifically proven. Shall I take this scalpel here and prove it to you by operating you? Love is an enzyme called dopamine..." The mafia boss explained annoyed to the man in bandages who was currently sitting on the office chair.

"How... dope", was the only thing the brunette said while taking another spin on the office chair. Mori lost track on how many times he did a spin already in their little discussion.

With an annoyed sigh Mori slid with his hand through his hair so that it wouldn't fall into his face.

He and Dazai normally didn't discuss much. However things changed drastically with one event. Surprisingly enough was that this event was not Dazai leaving the mafia. No the so called Mackerel was always doubting the grand words of his friend Odasaku about this phenomenon called "love".

It was the time when Mori and Dazai had an absolute consents about love being an enzyme and something totally predictable which you could use to gain all the things you need. Both of them did not stop at problems which would then cause psychological pain for another even if it was about making someone fall for them. Easy. Predictable.

This whole thing then took a change with the event. The event of Dazai falling in love. Love was predictable was what Mori thought. And he wanted to prove it. Therefore he became the first and biggest Soukoku shipper.

Dazai was always angry at him and denying it but Mori knew otherwise. He predicted almost everything. Except the time.

He thought it would take them another 10 years until they would finally be together since they were always screaming at each other and trying to kill each other. How odd that they were already together and even dating in secret.

"Love is something else Mooori~" the suicidal maniac smiled "Why else would I fall in love with a man? It is nothing biological and it feels nothing like it is biological. It was my decision after all you didn't prove anything with your little experiment~".

The Mafia Boss just rolled his eyes. He could not understand those words. Love was a phenomenon caused by the body. The only way to avoid having overdue of this enzyme and falling in love was to subtract it to another person. Mori used his little cute Elise-chan for that.

He would spoil her and only her. She was his little angle, he would do anything to protect her. Elise was the only one who stood over the mafias well being.

Though he loved her with all his heart he still couldn't understand Dazais words. It didn't felt like falling into an abyss when looking into her eyes. He didn't felt jealousy when seeing her play with Chuuya the whole day he was just happy for her feeling so content. He didn't feel fear of being rejected by her or fear for her life. Afterall this was all something he could manipulate even if she wasn't his ability.

"Well I have to go now and see my cutie Chibi-chan", Dazai purred and rapidly stood up causing the office chair to fall over. Mori watched his former employee walking out the door with distrust and the closing door was followed by a sigh.

Proceeding the day he turned around again and dedicated himself to his documents. After finishing his daily tasks he leaned back. It would take a while until Chuuya would come back shopping with Elise. He smiled when he thought about Dazai running around searching for him in the head quarters only to realize that his former Boss had never mentioned Chuuya being there today somehow. Love really made blind, huh?

To think that the former executive Dazai would do such a mistake was unthinkable. Someone that was feared by millions of people. Someone that was famous for their terrifying torture skills and someone that could end your existence in a blink.

Love makes you blind and oblivious was what Dazai said. You won't really see the flaws in your partner. You will look for them everywhere you go. You want to see them even though it is 3 am and you're in the middle of committing suicide.

Mori shook his head. He always thought about the well being of his organization and of Elise. He would try to predict every next step of the agency. Trying to figure out what their cat-addict president would do next.

He would always take care where he went so that he wouldn't be suspected or seen by an enemy. It was important to look for those who could harm you the most. Again he thought about the grey haired president one of his biggest opponents.

It was important to be vary all times so it was only natural to also think about him in the middle of the night.

Somehow the doctor started to feel uneasy. It was as if he didn't want to acknowledge the thing that was laying right in front of him. The truth. That Dazai was right and that love was unreasonable with no way to prevent it.

He blinked a few times. No. There was no way in Hell he would fall for his old grey head former body guard. He was preventing it by loving Elise. No! There was no way it would be called preventing since he wouldn't even fall for him they were enemies after all.

Moreover did he like cute little children. Under twelve was his rule. And Fukuzawa was more than 3 times twelve. He liked cute things not that stone cold no emotion face.

As if his memory wanted to betray him an image of Fukuzawa patting a cat flashed in front of his eyes. He seemed content even a little-

A LITTLE DISTURBING Mori interrupted his thoughts. Who would think that such an old man would be cute patting a furball?!

They were rivals that was all. He was thinking of him because he was vary. Vary!

Love is an enzyme that was scientifically proven. Love is there to reproduce. He wouldn't love another man. But wouldn't that destroy his precious Soukoku ship?

Mori shook is head. Did he grow fond of his little research? Soukoku was nothing but an experiment. But weren't they in love now? Weren't they rivals before?

This train of thoughts was becoming more and more dangerous for the mafia boss. So he tried to stop it.

But boy was he wrong. He should have listened to Dazai more. There was no way he could stop it. Stopping it was impossible. It was like hanging out of a train only being held by your one friend. And even if that one friend is captain America, you are bound to fall. Fall for him.

Though before his thoughts could become more dangerous and more misleading for the rationalist the door swung open and the little blond devil stormed in.

"Rintaro I want cake!", were the words that would procrastinate the realization of love for the rationalist to another time. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, and thank you so much for reading this little one-shot as requested by @Kiribakumelon (if I remember that right). I'm trying to write more nowadays but don't expect too much :)

Welp thank you again for sticking with this story and thank you to everyone that is commenting and following uwu

I hope you had fun reading it and hope that everyone is safe and healthy owo