Soukoku - Don't.

"I want to break up".

It took a small second for Dazai to process these words. Then immediately his head shot up looking at his small lover who was sitting next to him on the sofa. It had taken a few years of courting and accepting until they were finally able to confess their feelings and accept them as well.

It had taken such a long time until they reached this wonderful time. This time you wish would never end. The happiness and the beauty of a somewhat normal life. There had been no extreme incidents like cheating or such things. Maybe Dazai did go overboard with his jealousy but that shouldn't be a reason to break up, should it?

Maybe he misheard so he asked once again: "What?". Well he actually never really did mishear something, only on rare occasions. Though this time had to be it. There was no reason why his little chibi would want to break up.

"I said I want to break up", Chuuya said loud and clearly once again. His eyes looked focused. No sign of him being manipulated. Of for example Koyo threatening him to finally break up. It also didn't seem to be a test how Dazai would react.

Dazai blinked a few times. No no no no no, that couldn't be. He stood up. No flinch from Chuuya, nothing. Just an expression from indifference. It was worse than Dazai expected it. If Chuuya had cried then he would have made a mistake. He could have changed something, stopped this disaster. But this indifference? It was cold and cruel. It showed determination.

Dazai very carefully took Chuuya's hand. He slightly touched his arm. Maybe it was an ability. It had to be an ability. He can't- no he wouldn't let Chuuya go like this. Without a reason. He tried his best, he really did. There was nothing wrong, he was sure. He did everything to make Chuuya happy. Not only that he also made sure no one would approach what he has declared as his. He made sure everyone who was interested regretted it. So why? Why? WHY?

"What?", the only word that exited his mouth came once again. Dazai had to try his best for his voice to be working.

The other one only looked him in the eye. Indifferent. "I. want. To. Break. Up", the small male said clearly once again. He then shook of Dazai's hands. It was as if he didn't even want to be touched by his lover anymore.

Dazai felt a sudden wave of anger overcome it. At first denial and now rage. He didn't do anything wrong! He tried to be perfect! He really did! He held of others who could endanger his position. He sometimes was a bit mean but Chuuya did that as well! It was how they displayed affection! How should they know otherwise? They never learned how to do that. It was just how they were. How they grew up.

Dazai just felt cold now. Like all the energy, the warmth and the happiness had been drained out of him. In front of him the sun, his happiness that was denying to warm the darkness and cold inside his heart. It was almost as bad as when Odasaku almost died. His second reason to not really commit suicide got shattered. First the dark era gang and now this? Was his life a bad joke? What did he do to deserve so much loss?

His knees gave up and he sank to the other ones feet. Looking up he could still see indifference in the other ones eyes. Maybe it was an ability like Q's? Maybe it was a bad joke?

He looked at his love once again. Chuuya was looking down at him. No real emotion to be seen. But if you looked a little closer you could see traces of make-up. Traces that covered dark circles under his eyes. Eyes that were slightly red. You could see his slightly irregular breathing. It wasn't an ability. No that was clear now.

"Why?", Dazai asked a single word question once again. Really it was the only thing he was really capable now without losing composure. It was the only question racing through his mind.