Ranpoe - Pain

There were exactly five idiots who had prepared this. Five idiots who thought they were the smartest of them all. Who thought that their plan would work. Though in reality, it was just stupid.

Even a small child knew that you couldn't force someone to do something if he's absolutely against it. So why would they think Ranpo would work for them only because they threatened and hurt him? That was the pure arrogance of being stupid!

Ranpo rolled his eyes. Shaking his head would have hurt way too much but sometimes you just have to show how annoyed you are. Why would he work for someone who treated him like that? Why would he abandon the agency only because it hurt a little? Stupid.

"Changed your mind?!", one man screamed directly at Ranpo's face while holding his chin. Spit flew all over Ranpo's face.

"It's just as hopeless as you finally taking care of your mouth hygiene!", Ranpo spit back. Not THE best idea but that idiot deserved it.

Now the man seemed even more enraged: "Rough him up boys! He will soon beg at our feet! HAH!". Then he wiped Ranpo's spit off his face as if he found it disgusting. What. a. coincident. Ranpo thought the same though his hands were in shackles so he couldn't wipe his face. Ew.

It wasn't that Ranpo liked pain. He hated it. Who would like to be hurt anyway? Ranpo rather stayed on the sidelines. He wasn't good with pain either. He wasn't like Atsushi who would now only shrug when he lost a leg once again.

Crack.

Now his other arm was broken. He had already been through one leg and one arm but he wouldn't get used to the pain. Not to mention that Ranpo wasn't strong. He wasn't used to pain. Never would he go on investigations without a strong partner. So even if he didn't want to he had to give in to screaming.

Oh and how he screamed. In complete agony. Tears ran down his face. His body still shivering from the sudden urge to run away. All the small cuts burning. Bruises pressing down.

"You think that will make me work for you?", Ranpo said. His voice was still shaking a little. tears still flooding.

The men only laughed and left. Left him to overthink the "options" he had. At least then Ranpo could just let the tears flow without worrying. Plus they weren't the most beautiful candidates for a kidnapping.

"Fuck", he whispered to himself. Truly he was cocky and very very self-confident. Which, come on, was normal for someone as gifted as him. Yet sometimes he was still broken. Sometimes it was just a facade. He was just like everyone else. His confidence could break. He was just like everyone else because he could break.

Yes, Ranpo slowly came to terms with the fact that he didn't have an ability. That he was just normal like everyone else. That he was nothing but an unimportant fish in the sea. He still could beat ability users yet he was useless without help. Especially right now.

Ranpo had always needed help from others. But he knew how cold people were to him due to his abilities. He knew how he would get rejected a thousand times. How people would hate him if he opened his mouth. This rejection was something he wished never to experience again. It was more painful to be so lonely than this broken bone.

So why should he betray his family only because it hurt like getting hit by a truck?! They could try breaking him all they wanted but he would only work for the agency! After all, they would come for his rescue soon enough. He could scream and cry for the time they would take to find him but he wouldn't give up!

"Still it would be nice if they hurried a little", Ranpo whispered and snuffled a little... He then closed his eyes. Every movement hurt so it was better to relax a little.

The door opened again.

"Came back for more, huh? I still have one leg left", Ranpo exclaimed and opened his eyes with a glare.

Which kind of created this awkward moment where he looked Poe into the eyes and Poe was just frozen in shock. That was so embarrassing! He didn't pay attention once and then he answered incorrectly! And that right in front of Poe.

"R-R-Ranpo!", Poe exclaimed with a stutter. He then ran towards the small detective that was detained on the wall. "W-wait a second I-I got this!".

Poe's fingers were shaking slightly as he tried to pick the lock of the shackles. A skill he had picked up after having to write about it so correctly as possible. Thankfully though because the shackles opened pretty quickly through that. The normally so cocky detective fell into Poe's arms.

"Yo", Ranpo greeted Poe. He didn't even look up but just snuggled his face into the other one's chest. Ranpo was just very very done with this day...

"I-I'm going to pick you up now! I guess piggyback is the best way to not hurt your leg anymore...", Poe mumbles as he very carefully picked the black-haired male up. "It's fine now, Ranpo".

"Yeah, thanks! Guess you're my knight in shining armor", Ranpo joked and closed his eyes as he rested his head on Poe's shoulder. Even if it was embarrassing that Poe had seen him like that he was still pretty glad. I mean he just embarrassed himself by being incorrect in front of his husband??? Crying and all that was acceptable but that was such a big fault!

Poe ran towards the few doors he had passed before. 5 books were laying on the ground. All slightly out of the place where Poe had placed them... Slowly he picked them up so Ranpo would get hurt too much.

Running along his face looked grim. He didn't care about accidentally bumping into someone. Those people could just scream at him. Now his biggest goal was to get Ranpo to the agency doctor as quickly as possible.

After that he had to inform the agency boss about the occurrence and that he had found Ranpo. Fukuzawa wouldn't probably be very merciful with the culprits so the question was what he had in store for them.

Not that Poe would mind anything. Fukuzawa could decide what he wanted to do without Poe's opinion. Poe looked at the 5 extreme cruel horror books that he had written some time ago for extreme situations. At least he would make sure that these thugs would reget their actions for the rest of their lives...

_________________________________________________________________________

Kk, I don't know if it fits but it was kinda fun to write... Especially with Ranpo slightly breaking and his thought process! Hope you liked it hehehe! 

LeaderlessCat wanted to see that option! Hope you liked it as well :3 (yeah I just wrote both cause I can)