Shin Soukoku - Praise

Rashomon was one of the most terrifying abilities from the mafia. After all it was the ability of the leader of the Black lizards. An Ability was often like a tool. There were only small exceptions where an ability could alter the character. An example for that would be Chuuya or Atsushi. But it was not only the tool that was terrifying. It was the person holding it. Koyo's ability could be found within Kyouka too. Still the executive was much more terrifying than the small girl. Nobody would want to enrage the red haired queen.

So even though Rashomon was compared to a demon, even though Rashomon was both a weapon and an armor the one holding it was way more terrifying. Akutagawa was cold with no mercy. He used his coat with the best opportunities not looking at any losses. He would kill and coldly torture people just to earn recognition from his former senpai. Therefore both were terrifying and you wouldn't want to meet the man in the coat.

Then how did it come to this?

Akutagawa had been eager to clear all his missions. Without fail he did all the work alone even helping the agency. He had researched a little and had found out that Dazai worked on this case as well. Now Akutagawa felt like he could get some praise from his former senpai! Now he could maybe even get a pat on the head!

However it was too early to be happy. The man wrapped in bandages wasn't even there since the case was too annoying. He had left in the morning to find a beautiful woman to commit suicide with was what Kunikida said. Akutagawa was devasted. Though he wouldn't give up on his praise! He refused to leave and sat down on the sofa to await the return of his senpai.

While waiting the weretiger brought him some tea and some leftover sweets. Even though it came from the weretiger Akutagawa wouldn't want to waste precious food. It was really annoying that everyone wanted him to eat more though. Wherever he went, the mafia would always be ready to give him food. Even the lowest of the low like Odasaku! It seemed like an unspoken rule...

At some point then the weretiger sat down next to him. Probably out of kindness. As if Akutagawa needed the kindness of the weretiger! He was just here for Dazai-san anyway! It was not like he would enjoy human warmth. He was used to the cold. And everything cold will never be warm again. Not even with such a shining sun next to him – no not sun. That sounded too nice.

The smaller boy continued looking through his documents while Akutagawa opened a book and started to read. It was one that Dazai-san had recommended so he had to read it. Even though he wasn't a fan of adult books.

"Are you seriously just reading this because Dazai requested it?", the white haired boy leaned forward with a confused look on his face.

"Of course! It's from Dazai-san after all!"

"You do realize he's just messing with you all the time, do you?", Atsushi seemed even more concerned now and tilted his head. Akutagawa was enraged, how could he insult his senpai like-

"What do you got there?"

"A smoothie? It's one of Kunikida's new hobbies. It's pretty healthy do you want to try-"

"WHY ARE YOU PETTING RASHOMON?!", Akutagawa was absolutely confused. He wasn't even sure if he should be angry or not. This whole situation was so surreal. He was sitting next to his greatest enemy that stole all the attention from his senpai like it was nothing. To top it off they were even drinking tea together.

"So do you realize that Dazai is just messing with you or do you not?", Atsushi seemed genuine interested now. In a cat like manner he even tilted his head a little. It wouldn't have surprised Akutagawa if he even liked his paw now.

"So do you realize that Rashomon bit off your leg more than once?"

"True. Though you tried to kill me way more and I'm sitting next to you", Atsushi shrugged. Did that stupid cat really apply the same rules to a demon than to a human next to him? To make it worse that both of them tried to kill him. This boy seemed so eager to live yet did he not even have the slightest sense of survival.

"So you do know. Then why do all the things Dazai asks you to?", the small boy continued patting the black demon that was mostly a certain sign of death when seeing it, "I mean let me speak truly. Dazai is a great man and he helped me out a lot. Without him I wouldn't be alive. Also he saved the city quite a few times. Yet he is still a good for nothing that likes to mess with people. Believe me I heard Kunikida rant more than I would have liked to. He has more missed hours than he actually went to work!"

"HOW DARE YOU INSULT DAZAI-SAN-", Akutagawa stood up and towered in front of the weretiger. Rashomon was not even moving an inch and just enjoying the petting.

"Why do you defend him when he hasn't done anything for you?", Atsushi looked up to Akutagawa. The eyes of the tiger were cold. He was totally serious without a shred of shame. The pure curiosity leaking out was making Akutagawa freeze.

After a while Akutagawa sat back down quietly. Why did he like Dazai-san so much? After all the others were way kinder to him. His subordinates always tried to cheer him up, especially his sister and Hirotsu. Not only that his superiors also tried their best. Chuuya looked at him like a smaller brother and Koyo saw him as Chuuya's friend that wasn't eating enough. Even the boss had praised him more than his old mentor up till now.

Was it because Dazai would mean it when he said it? After all the brunette wasn't someone to praise others easily. He was also extremely skilled and was like a perfect role model for everyone in the mafia if you leave out the suicide side. Was Akutagawa idolizing him?

Akutagawa coughed a little. "I guess it's because he was there when no one else was".

Atsushi who was fully emerged in patting his enemy on the battlefield looked at the black haired male with surprise. He didn't expect the mafia member to answer after all.

"I guess I want to be praised by the one who saw me with nothing. I guess it's to fill that empty void that my childhood left behind. If I don't please him then I will be thrown away, that's what I think", another cough escaped the lips of the fragile boy. Why did he tell his enemy this? And could Rashomon PLEASE stop being so friendly with the weretiger?!

With a quick movement he put Rashomon back into his coat. The demon wasn't really happy about this though. What a weird creature. Or did he perhaps wanted to bite of one hand? It sure didn't look like it though...

"But you got all the people in the mafia on your side. Chuuya and Koyo seem to treasure you a lot. Higuchi... Higuchi is also quite intense with you so I don't think you will be abandoned", the weretiger grinned his sunshine like grin leaving the emo boy blinded.

Just as Akutagawa wanted to insult him for saying such things to his enemy he felt a hand petting his head. It wasn't Dazai-san's hand but the hand of Atsushi who had just reached out. Everything inside Akutagawa stopped. Normally these things didn't work with anyone. Though right now he felt extremely happy. His heart even started to race faster and he had to blink a few times.

"You did good Akutagawa", was what Atsushi said with his usual grin. And in this moment Akutagawa thought that it might not be too bad to be praised by the weretiger. Though he didn't realize at that time that the new member of the detective agency now had stolen his heart while talking.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmmm le me who has procrastinated just wrote about 9 pages... Hope you all are happy lol... I sure ranted a lot today, huh?

Anywaaaay thanks for the idea  if anyone has one as well just tell meeee~ It could also just be a few points like with this one Aku being jealous of Rashomon (though I did not really complete all of the former idea xD)

That's it for this month late update! Hope you enjoyed it! I think the next month will be earlier though since I have some important exams at the end of it ;) Or I will die cause I procrastinated, all is possible xD Anyway sorry for the late update ;-; for some of you guys it didn't even update in march so sorry about that :/