Soukoku - The floor is Lava

It started around the time when they were sixteen. Chuuya couldn't really remember when but Higuchi suddenly exclaimed: "THE FLOOR IS LAVA". Everyone looked at her in confusion. Gin even checked whether she had a fever. After all they all didn't have a real childhood so they couldn't know this game.

Therefore Higuchi started to explain it. It was a game where you would "die" if you touched the floor so you had to get away as soon as possible. Everyone was kinda confused by it. So Higuchi was very embarrassed about her actions. Gin tried to calm her down as much as she could. They couldn't have reacted since they didn't know it but they all felt bad.

A few weeks later they were all on a small walk together. They were all returning from their missions so it was quite nice. Higuchi was still acting a bit awkward. That one time has become the embarrassing moment haunting her. Hirotsu and Chuuya locked eyes. Both nodded. At the top of his lungs Hirotsu screamed the words that shall change Higuchis mood: "THE FLOOR IS LAVA!". Everyone stopped in their tracks...

Then action. Gin jumped from Higuchis side sprinting over to the nearest lantern and holding onto it. Hirotsu and Tachihara found a save place on a bench while Akutagawa was on Chuuyas back who hold onto the lantern right next to Gins place. He wouldn't let that skinny boy sink in the lava. Higuchi was stunned. They all tried their best. Well almost all of them. Dazai was laying on the floor after all. They all had to laugh, the game was actually pretty fun.

Over the time it became more and more of a challenge to try shouting "the floor is lava" in the most impossible situations. It became such a trend that after a while even Mori and Koyo participated. Dazai even once did it when the Agency and the Mafia was fighting and instead of fighting they all relied on their instinct to save themselves from the suddenly so scary floor. Not to say that Kunikida was the only one ready to fight and utterly confused why his colleages and opposite ones were clinging the the nearest furniture or sticking on the wall. And why Dazai would slack off and lay on the floor.

Well that's just the whole story there is. After a while, actually it was just two years after they started, Dazai got bored about just laying on the ground. So instead of playing the game seriously like other people would do he started to commit "double suicide". Yep double suicide. He tried to drag people down into the wonderful warm lava whirlpool that replaced the boring floor for the time being. After killing Aku and the other members of the Mafia. Yup he even got Koyo though he got into hospital for a few weeks for that one... However Dazai got his eyes set on one particular person: Chuuya. Even before they became a couple.

How is that you ask? Chuuya was an absolute boss in this game. With his ability, seize and flexibility he could literally avoid the floor in any situation while laughing at the dying ones reaching out with their hands as they slowly sink onto the floor that has now turned evil. Dazai never got him. Not even once. It was a game that Chuuya could do better than he could and that was what annoyed Dazai.

As the years went by he tried his best to drag the small man down but he failed every time... He never gave up though and that would lead to the situation he was in right now.

"Are you Batman?"

"If you want me to come down: I'm not going to"

"Chuuyaa~", the tall man whined looking up to the man on the ceiling.

"You said it, you have to delete it, that's the rule. Otherwise it will dissolve in five minutes. You even agreed on the rules, you waste of bandages!", the red haired man sounded pretty annoyed at the constant nagging.

"Pffft", Dazai laughed "you take a game that serious?! Why would I stand here if it's not dissolved already?".

"That's bold to say for someone standing in lava. It will dissolve when you DECLARE it, not when you see it... plus you're the devil so that's why you can swim in it...".

"Odasaku could probably swim in it too. I mean come on the curry he eats IS literally made out of lava I mean why would it burn so much otherwise?", Dazai shrugged and both laughed. Soon after the room was once again filled with silence.

"Is there really no way?~", Dazai whined again. He frowned a little and looked down. He seriously looked like a puppy that got rejected. Chuuya felt his heart sting a little. However he knew that this was all a big play for Dazai to commit double suicide with his lover. After all he always rejected his normal "invitations" to join him. Every date had to end with the proposal of suicide on a bridge or a high building. The devil tried to tempt him but he actually had other plans. Life wasn't boring for him. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to have the same interests.

A glance towards the clock showed how long they both had to try winning: two minutes left. Dazai had to hurry up or the long haired male would claim victory once again which was pretty difficult

"If that's how you want it to be...", he said. Most people would be relieved but Chuuya felt scared. After all the ravenette wasn't someone you should ignore. He could be pretty scary after all. Especially when he was jealous. Chuuya felt a shiver going down his spine... Never wanting to go through THAT again...

He sat down, after all his control of gravity would just shift his center. It was kind of awkward thinking that others wouldn't feel this. Others could lose their center, fall down. For him this was just an accidental shift. He could always catch himself. To think that others would constantly be bound by this force of nature while he could only feel that when Dazai touched him.

He shrugged. After all he had the little shitty voice in his head telling him that he should destroy everything. The others didn't have a destructive god inside them that could slowly kill them so his side of the deal wasn't really the good part.

Before getting lost in the tracks of his dark thoughts the door opened again. Dazai was back. And with him some chairs. A smirk formed on the former executives face. Oh no.

The tall man made sure to lock the door, of course. After all his small lover shouldn't escape. "I shall drag you down to hell with me~", Dazais smirk grew wider as he started to put down the chairs neatly onto each other.

The tower grew a bit taller until he could reach the red haired male. After completing this master piece he started to climb it. No escape route for the small man.

"Oi, stay the f*ck down there!", he screamed annoyed only to be ignored.

The tall man came closer and closer after their faces were just a few inches apart. "Hello Chuuya~", he said with the grin of the devil. He then swiftly grabbed the small mans waist making him lose balance and falling onto the tower.

"Seems like I won this time~" Dazai smirked.

"Yeah, but I'm not on the ground", the small man laughed pointing at the clock. Five minutes were over. The game wasn't on anymore. And Chuuya was sitting on the tower that was build to drag him down into hell.

"Damn."

________________________________________________________________________________

I feel like this oneshot is kinda different from the others? Dunno. Hope you all enjoyed the updates I squeezed in for today so I now gotta do the other tasks that are necessary... Argh I don't wanna...

Anyway have a great day and stay healthy uwu