Tachizaki - A date (?)

It was the perfect moment. Time seemed to have frozen. Dawn started to shine orange light across the buildings. The small lake in the park they were sitting in reflected the sky that seemed so more vibrant than a rainbow could ever be. As if it had stolen all color from the city only to make this moment perfect.

Tachihara took a deep breath. He had prepared for this so long. Thought about how he could perfect everything. How he could finally confess.

And now that moment has come. The perfect moment, the perfect time. It was as if nature itself wanted this to happen. Or at least it spared Tachihara a small moment that he wouldn't just ignore!

He took Tanizaki's hand in his and looked into his hazel brown eyes. Others would call them average and boring but Tachihara could spend hours looking at them. Though honestly, it wasn't about the eyes that he could stare at Tanizakil for hours in general...

His nervousness was extreme right now. He had to try his best not to laugh nervously or have some sort of weird smile. He had to focus not to run away as well! An odd situation. After all, he had killed without a second thought. He was only a bit nervous on extreme missions but even they wouldn't amount to that level he felt right now. It was as if being rejected was the worst thing he could imagine happening in his life. Maybe it would break him. Maybe he could slowly accept a rejection. Still, accepting seemed like something... like something impossible right now.

Tachihara took a small glance over the other shoulder. There was the last straw that stopped him from going insane. The person that stood by his side through all the planning: GIn. She was hiding behind a tree and gave him thumbs up. Once again Tachihara felt strengthened in his decision. He was really glad to have Gin as his friend!

"What I wanted to tell you-", Tachihara started and then stopped. Tanizaki was already looking a bit confused at the sudden change of atmosphere and the long pause. Not to mention that they were kind of holding hands right now...

"Yes?", Tanizaki nodded as to help Tachihara keep going. Tachihara took a small breath. The agency member seemed to be interested but Tachihara would bet his leg that he wouldn't expect something like that. And to him, his leg was something precious that he couldn't replace like the tiger boy after all, just like to every other normal human being.

"I'm really thankful. Yeah. It's- This day was very nice. But uhm- I didn't come here with innocent intentions you see...", Tachihara now took the courage to once again take a look into those hazel eyes he loved so dearly. Now or never!

"I lo-"

"I got the ice cream!", a girl's voice broke the mafia member in the middle of his confession. It was Naomi. She had insisted on following the two of them and became the most annoying third wheel you could imagine. Even Gin seemed startled at her sudden appearance.

"Can I feed you brother?~" With a swift movement, she had already parted the two of them and was sitting in the middle. In her hand two ice cream containers. One for her and her brother and one for Tachihara...

"Naomi, Tachihara was in the middle of saying something...", Tanizaki sighed and looked at his sister pleadingly. Tachihara felt his heart jump a little... He didn't deserve him!

"If he has something to say, then he can say it to the both of us, right brother?~", Naomi snuggled a bit closer to her brother, clinging to his chest. She looked at Tachihara with not even a shred of interest in her eyes. The whole day Tachihara had tried to make advances but in the end, it seemed more like he was third-wheeling the both of them...

And as he saw the two of them his doubts seemed to act up again. Maybe he shouldn't confess. After all, it took such a long time to regain Tanizaki's trust, how could he set that all into one card? He didn't even know if said one liked men! Well honestly Tachihara also didn't think of himself to be capable of liking his gender but then that orange-haired cutie appeared in his life...

Still suddenly the thought of losing what he had built for so long disabled his ability to talk. Everything seemed too bright suddenly. The sky. The sun. The reflection on the sea. As if nature was telling him not to move on as everything was perfect already. He didn't want to lose Tanizaki. Plus he didn't want him to feel uncomfortable either...

Tachihara smiled weakly: "I just wanted to use this opportunity to say that I'm sorry. That's all".

"And you should be! Hurting my brother! But as you have given us both the perfect date you are forgiven at least a teeny tiny bit", Naomi nodded and smiled. It was clear that she detested Tachihara for that. Thankfully though she seemed to be a bit oblivious to Tachihara's previous intention...

"A-ah! What a coincidence!", another person appeared behind them. The three turned around to see a lady with smooth black hair in front of them. She had a weird and nervous smile on her face. The dress she wore was black with some sunglasses which she pulled down.

"Ah! Gin! I was just about to", Tachihara started. Right now he was just relieved! His friend had noticed his struggles and was about to get him out of there! She was an angel!

"I HAVE GIRL PROBLEMS", Gin exclaimed. Tachihara blinked a bit. Getting him out like that didn't seem like a good idea, he probably seemed like a creep now...

But Gin was fast. She was a swift assassin that could easily take care of a target from the shadows. Lying wasn't her strong ability but that didn't matter as long as she could make up with it by force and swiftness!

So it wasn't a hard task for her to grab Naomi's arm and just drag her across towards a random bathroom she spotted. The third wheel started protesting only when they already arrived at the bathroom stall since everything happened so quickly.

Both Tachihara and Tanizaki sat there in silence watching them disappear. Tachihara was stunned. He never knew Gin was so bad at lying but... Not to mention that his friend had once again given him an opportunity. All doubts aside, how could he not confess now?! NO! Even he had a shred of honor and if his friend gave hers up for his happiness then he couldn't just let her down!

"O-okay!", Tachihara exclaimed and pinched his own cheek a little. Tanizaki was looking a bit confused and worried now. With one quick movement, the mafia member took the other one's hands once again in his. Just get it over with!

"Actually I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate you. That you have become a dear friend to me. And I- I like to hang out with you because you're so kind and-and... No, what I actually wanted to say is that I lo-", Tachihara stuttered. Not perfect but it was the best he could manage.

"SHE JUST NEEDED PADS WAIT FOR ME!", Naomi screamed from across the park. Tachihara's heart sank once again. No matter how hard he tried now he wouldn't be able to confess now. There was too little time. And if they would be interrupted right after then it would break the whole mood...

Tanizaki took his hands out of the mafia members now quite a loose grip. Then he grabbed said one's chin and turned Tachihara so that he would face Tanizaki once again. "You wanted to say?".

Tachihara blinked a bit. He took a glance towards the third wheel but it was nowhere to be seen. Still, the one thing the mafia member didn't notice when he glanced there were the small green particles that were still glimmering around them from now on. Tachihara looked back into the other's hazel brown eyes. Were they filled with a bit of hope? No that couldn't be that must be Tachihara's imagination...

"I love you. Will you go out with me?"

Tachihara watched as the other one's face slowly started to turn red. Just as he was about to ask for an answer Tanizaki pulled him in for a kiss.
_________________________________________________________________________

Hello, mah friends. It iz me, the gremlin that just started writing and has to finish 5-6 chaps in a day. Anyway this AMAZING idea and request came from _Xenaria_ ! Thank you so much it was actually very much fun to write!

So yeah if you have an idea or a request always tell me! I'm happy to have some more diverse ideas after more than a hundred chapters XD