Suegiku - No way back II

The afternoon was about to end as Suehiro made his way to the conference room. The small one which was never really used. Unless Jōno decided to once again become the mother of the team and scream at his stupid and ignorant children...

And now just the fact that Suehiro was invited there meant that he would get a good scolding. Though now the question was how grave his mistake was. Since it could go from little to big so quickly. Did he just accidently not clean up a plate? Or did he fully screwed up? No one knew except Jōno.

Jōno was a person who lived without fear. No really there was nothing Suehiro could imagine that would scare the blind member of the hunting dogs. Jōno wasn't even really attached to anything so even hurting others or taking another one's life was nothing he feared. Suehiro still had respect for another one's life but Jōno just saw lifes as calculable. As determined with a certain worth. Plus he didn't fear to drag Teruko away from Fukuchi and scold her for hours for being too shameless.

No fear - no fear was such a good characteristic of a swordsman. Though Jōno always declined Suehiro's offers to train him... Not only did Jōno have striking qualities and senses for being a swordsman but it had also been an excuse for Suehiro to see and maybe touch Jōno a bit more. Like correcting his stance. Plus, he wasn't going to hide that, Jōno with a sword would be REALLY hot.

So sadly this fantasy of his would not come true. He even sometimes did his training on purpose while Jōno was in the room. And said one seemed to focus on him more than normal. Maybe he was still interested? Suehiro saw that as a chance at least!

Maybe Jōno called him for that exact reason! To finally become a swordsman. Maybe he saw the beauty in continuous training! Maybe he saw it as a weapon necessary to acquire! Since there was a very talented swordsman in the agency as well.

Indeed the boss of the agency really was talented. His skills were the best Suehiro had heard of. He really wished he could see them at least once before the agency's execution... Such talent and devotion was hard to find after all. The man was also way older than Suehiro and had so many advanced techniques and everything, Suehiro really wished he could be trained by him. Yet there was also the fact that he was a terrorist now even though it was hard to believe that such an honorable swordsman would just switch sides...

Suehiro stopped. Now he didn't even have time for the special training. If Jōno really intended to pick up swords then he had to train his colleague. But wouldn't it be better if they trained together then under the same master?

To his surprise Suehiro absolutely hated this idea. Wasn't he usually only fixated on swords and how to handle them? Wouldn't this situation be more convenient for both of them? However , imagining Jōno with another teacher made him frown. How the other one corrected his colleague. How the other one would look closely at his colleague to see if the stance was correct...

What if Jōno realized that there were better fighters than Suehiro? What if he liked others' way of fighting more? Suehiro felt a lump in his throat. He really didn't want that to happen. Maybe he wanted to stay Jōno's number one so that the blind sadistic man wouldn't just simply replace him?

Suehiro took a deep breath. He had arrived at the door leading to the 'scolding room' how it was called within the mouths of the peasants. He hoped that it wasn't something serious so Jōno wouldn't hate him too much. Or that Jōno wanted to pick up swordsmanship. He hoped mostly for the second one not gonna lie. With a click he opened the door

"You wanted to talk to me Jōno?", Suehiro asked as he entered. His expression quickly shifted to confusion. The white haired male only looked out of a window as he entered and didn't have his arms crossed in this usual scolding position. It didn't look like the second option as well.

"Yes I wanted to talk with you", Jōno repeated the words. Silence once again filled the room.

Should... should Suehiro know what he did? Because he didn't. After all, keeping track of Jōno's never ending rules was a bit tiring. And would interfere in his training schedule. So he better ask before staying silent: "About what?".

"I like you", Jōno said. The words echoing through the room. It took Suehiro a second to process them. There was no doubt within them about what they meant.

Now the two men stood there in silence. In silence in the scolding room. No other word was spoken. They stood there for probably five minutes. Suehiro only looked Jōno straight in the face.

"Can you please say something?!", Jōno broke the silence first. Now even he couldn't stop slowly turning red. He was so embarrassed! Suehiro looked only to the side once again, staying silent.

Jōno did say that he didn't want to run away. That he wanted to cross this river no matter what. That he would go through with this. But this? This was clearly too much! Suehiro wasn't even answering! Jōno knew, HE KNEW, how ridiculous this sounded yet at least show a little reaction or just reject right away! Jōno took a step forward. He was going to get an answer no matter what.

Suehiro flinched away. For Suehiro this was bad. Very bad. No matter what happened Jōno usually stayed calm. So what did Suehiro do to make him this angry? The little wheels inside his head turned non-stop. Jōno said he liked him so that obviously was followed with a silent "but you're an idiot", right? And now he was even turning red with anger!

"I don't know what I did!", Suehiro exclaimed. This wouldn't save him but maybe lessen the torture a little...

"What?", Jōno stopped mid track.

A chance! "Well I know you called me here because I did something wrong but I don't know-", Suehiro started to explain himself.

"I called you here to tell you that I like you", Jōno slowly sank down. He forgot that Suehiro was an idiot. The word like was way too indirect for the black haired male... Time to clear up everything before anything else could go wrong: "Like as in LOVE ''.

Suehiro blinked a few times. Then he finally reached enlightenment as well. So he didn't do anything wrong! Jōno only wanted to tell him he loved him- he- he loved him?!

Unlike the usual composed swordsman he was, Suehiro felt a rush of emotions. His face turned bright red. Jōno... liked him? He pinched himself. Nope, not a dream. Yet it felt like it...

Suehiro never really realized it until now but he probably liked Jōno back. He wanted to be by the other one's side. Wanted to help him. Wanted to see more of Jōno despite all of the other ones flaws.

Suehiro took a deep breath. The best option to resolve this was a quick answer. Because otherwise Jōno could just take his words back! A-a-and if it really worked then they would be a couple! They could... HOLD HANDS! Cuddle! Eat the same colored food together! And maybe even k-kiss! Thinking about this made Suehiro unexpectedly shy...

"I love you too Jōno", Suehiro finally answered Jōno. Though it wasn't the answer Jōno had expected, it was indeed a pleasant one...

_____________________________________________________________________________

I usually avoid writing confessions because I feel like they just sound weird and too fast when I write them xD Hope you still enjoyed uwu

Requested by Cookiesxdreams_ , hope you liked it :3