Fukumori - Loneliness is something you build

The world is a lonely place. A place filled with meaningless promises. Superficial relationships. We smile at each other yet we only play a role. That was the kind of world Mori had come to terms with. He made no connections. He reminded himself that everything is for a reason. There is no such thing as 'unconditional love'.

But now he realized that love is never unconditional. Love is not something you have at first sight. No love is something that is made. That has conditions or more occurrences that make it blossoming. Partners are found after going on dates and spending time with each other. Parents start to usually love their children as they spend every minute with their unborn child. Love is and will never be unconditional. And is uncontrollable.

The word love mostly carries the meaning of sexual love and the idea of partners. Yet it was just an expression for a strong feeling for another person. It meant that the person was extremely precious to you. Because if you start to classify your love then you try to limit yourself.

Have you ever told your friends that you love them? It's a strong expression after all. It's something that uncovers your deepest feelings. Something where you present your heart on a plate to them. Yet it shows them how important they are to you. Yet it helps them come to terms with themselves. Yet you will regret it when it's too late.

The only person who used this word no matter how scary it was was Chuuya. Surprising, right? Yet this child had not lived like everyone else. Chuuya had not learned to keep his mouth shut like everyone else in society. He casually told people that he loved them. Told it to everyone who was close to him. Though it also became a habit for him so that he wouldn't be abandoned from his family once again...

Mori and Koyo only always chuckled at these words. They never said anything back. The mafia was a dark place after all. There was no place for love. Every emotion you show for another will end as an opportunity to attack. They and all the other members never really saw their relationships as something that strong.

However now that Mori saw the red haired male's dead body in front of him he felt nothing.He already checked for a pulse. None. The small executive who would always laugh and show so many emotions was laying in his office. Dead. And Mori felt nothing. It was as if his emotions were taken with the life of this young man.

And then it hurt. It hurt like hell. Mori's breathing pattern was far from calm. He stood up. His hands were cold as if the corpse had taken all his warmth. Sacrificing his employees shouldn't be something he wasn't used to. Wasn't something he should regret. He had sacrificed Odasaku after all.

With a shaky breath Mori tried to regain his composure. He slowly opened the door towards the office of the black lizards.

Crack.

Right in front was Akutagawa. Sitting on a chair. His eyes were empty. Not there. Only holes with blood pouring out of them. His mouth was slightly opened. As if he was about to scream. His chest didn't move at all.

At Mori's feet was Hirotsu. The old man who always looked out for his boss. The door had broken the other one's hand. Not that the corpse could use it anymore. Hirotsu's whole body was twisted and turned in all possible ways. It looked painful.

And as Mori looked more closely he could see the other members on the floor as well. Dead. Gin and Higuchi were pierced through the chest. Gin was probably trying to protect her girlfriend. Tachihara was shot through the chest. Again and again and again. There was a bloody mess on the wall on the right. Next to it a single lemon could be found.

Carefully Mori stepped over the dead bodies. He was careful not to step on anyone. His breath was now completely calm. But there was a nasty feeling in his stomach. He felt like vomiting.