Chapter 6

Inside the Dark Kingdom, in Queen Beryl's throne room, a strange experiment was taking place. Queen Beryl sat on her throne, listening to music from a cassette tape playing inside her staff, while a vase filled with roses sat before her. Along with Jadeite and the rest of her court, she watched and listened, waiting to see what would happen. A couple of minutes passed, then suddenly, the flowers began to wilt and wither until eventually, they were completely dead. Queen Beryl gasped with surprise, as did her court, not believing their eyes.

"So... this music drained the energy from that plant!" murmured Queen Beryl.

"Exactly, my queen," said Jadeite smiling with pride. "The music contains subliminal ultrasonic waves. Once the humans listen to it, they will suffer the same fate as that plant. A key component in my next plan."

Queen Beryl stopped the cassette and took it out from her staff, and made it float right back to Jadeite. "Very interesting," she said. "You may proceed.

"Yes, ma'am," responded Jadeite as he caught the tape. "Kyurene!"

At his call and with a flutter of bats, a young woman appeared before Jadeite, kneeling before him. She wore an outfit with purple high heels, a jacket, and a pair of blue tights. She also was fair-skinned with long bright orange hair. Jadeite then gave her the tape.

"Go plant the ultrasonic waves from this tape into the music that humans listen to," said Jadeite.

"As you wish, sir," said Kyurene as she vanished to fulfill her orders.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was raining in Juuban. Usagi, Harusuke, and Luna were over at Naru's place listening to the music from her radio. It was a beautiful piano piece that seemed to flow like a river and soothe your worries and stress.

"Naru... This is such a great song..." sighed Usagi.

"I'll say," agreed Harusuke. "It feels so relaxing; I might just fall asleep."

"I know. It's one of my favorites," said Naru.

"I think this is supposed to be jazz. I'd never thought I would love it," said Usagi. "You're so mature."

"Yup. And if there's anything you two need to know or any more recommendations, feel free to ask me," said Naru.

"I wouldn't go that far, but we'll keep that in mind," said Harusuke. He then picked up the case and looked at the cover. The cover had a picture of the bottom half of a man standing in the rain holding a bouquet with the words: Yusuke Amade. Rain from the Heart.

"Yusuke Amade, eh?" he said thoughtfully. "I think I've heard of him."

"I know! He looks so cool, right?" said Naru. "I bet he's an older, sophisticated man. I'd sure love to date him one day."

Naru then blushed and sighed at the mere thought of it while Usagi and Harusuke stared awkwardly at her.

"I... don't see that happening," said Harusuke.

"Yeah... I think I'm 'gonna pass on that one," agreed Usagi. "I mean, what are the chances of that happening?"

Naru then pouted her cheeks. "Oh, come on, you two. Try not to kill my fantasies."

Meanwhile, outside of a recording studio called Jam Records, a lone man stood in the rain looking up towards the building holding a bouquet in his hand. He wore blue pants with a white button-down and had a large brown overcoat.