Chapter 155

After leaving the apartment, Chibiusa continued to run, blinded by her sorrow, self-loathing, and the rain, until she found herself at Juuban Park again, finally stopping. Despite what she had said before, the little girl felt she made the right decision. But that didn't make things all the more painful for her as she recalled the times with Helios, mainly when he called her maiden.

"When he called me maiden, I got butterflies in my stomach and felt so happy," she thought sadly. "But I'm not the maiden he's looking for. I'm powerless, small, and useless. I'm nothing."

She took out the Moon Carillon once more, gripping it in her hand with sorrow. But just as she did, Helios reappeared in front of her once again.

Chibiusa avoided his gaze as she spoke tremblingly, fighting back her tears. "Helios, I'm sorry for being so useless. I hope that one day, the time will come when I'll be the one you need. When I become a great Guardian, a splendid lady, and as good as Usagi. But... will I be able to achieve such a dream?"

As tears again began to fall from her eyes, Helios stared before quietly approaching her, giving her a gentle nuzzle of comfort with his snout.

Then, as Chibiusa looked up, Helios suddenly changed into a human, now a young male with fair skin, light-blue hair, golden eyes, and a golden horn on top of his head. He wore a white robe with transparent sleeves, blue rims, and five golden orbs with navy blue fabric hanging on his chest. He also had a red silver-lined jewel on his forehead, two thin steel chokers, the bottom one having a gold ornament, and a navy blue belt around his waist.

Before Chibiusa could speak, the boy leaned in close and gave her a gentle peck on her lips, kissing her, leaving her wholly speechless while he smiled warmly.

"Please don't cry, maiden. There's no need for tears," the boy spoke kindly to her. "You are always important and are deeply needed. You are surrounded by overflowing love, so I hope you can feel it."

Chibiusa couldn't speak, and her eyes were wide with wonder as her fingers touched her lips.

Then, Helios's body began to fade, her body flickering like a candle dying in the wind.

"I'm afraid I can't hold on to this form much longer," he said. "But I can promise you this: our paths will cross again, my fair little maiden."

And in a flurry of shining white feathers, Helios disappeared.

At that moment, Usagi, Ami, and Harusuke rushed over, the three of whom were relieved to see her.

"Chibiusa! There you are!" Usagi cried as she embraced her in a tight hug. "Thank goodness! You had us worried!"

But Chibiusa was still frozen, her eyes staring into the space Helios disappeared to.

"Hey, Chibiusa. You doing OK?" Harusuke asked.

At last, Chibiusa responded. "O-Oh! I'm all right!" she reassured. "Sorry!"

"Was that really Helios?" the pink ordango girl thought. "If it was... then who is he?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, in a dark and lonely place, Helios was floating back towards a large cage where his actual body in pegasus form lay unconscious. He was just about to reenter his body when he heard a woman's voice that was as cold as ice and malevolent as a devil's.

"Well, well. You're quite the fighter, aren't you? Breaking free of my binding spell the way you did."

Helios looked up and scowled as someone approached him.