Chapter 48

It was another day in Juuban. However, it was the furthest thing from peaceful. Luna and Artemis, battered and covered in bandages due to the previous battle, stared at the TV, watching the news.

"This just in, the dark spots on the sun continue to spread at an unusual pace," the news reporter said. "Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, and other national disasters believed to be caused by this phenomenon, continue to occur throughout the globe. The National Weather Bureau has declared this an unprecedented atmospheric event and released a statement saying they do not know how this will affect Japan."

Luna and Artemis then looked at each other, knowing that this wasn't a coincidence.

"We will have to act quickly," said Artemis.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Back at the Tsukino's house, the smell of burnt food was in the air. The kitchen was in a state of utter disarray and chaos. Pots, pans, and other utensils lay everywhere as Usagi had just finished what she was making in the kitchen, which was a poor curry attempt. She had just set the food on the table while her family stared at the dish before them with dubious looks on their faces.

"There we go! Thank you all for waiting!" she said brightly. "I hope you're all hungry because I made my special curry for tonight's menu."

"We're... thrilled you've made such an effort for tonight's dinner, Usagi," said Kenji trying not to show his disgust."

"Yeah. It looks - good?" Harusuke spoke, trying to keep a straight face. "And it shows... how much you worked hard on it."

Usagi then blushed. "Oh, come on, you two. You don't have to make such a big deal out of it."

"Well, it is," said Kenji. Then he turned to the other family members. "Shall we dig in, everybody?"

Shingo looked at his plate, his face cringing from the sight of it. "Is this even edible?"

Harusuke then nudged Shingo gently. "Don't be rude, Shingo."

"Yeah. It might not look good, but what matters is the taste," said Usagi. "Watch. It's going to blow you all away."

She then took a spoonful of curry and popped it into her mouth while the rest of the Tsukino's watched. She chewed for a few seconds or so, but suddenly, tears began to stream down Usagi's face causing everyone to be alarmed.

"Is something the matter, Usagi?!" Kenji asked worriedly. "What's wrong?!"

"It's hot!" Usagi cried as she stuck out her tongue, trying to cool it off.

"I knew it," muttered Shingo. "Note to self: Never let Usagi cook."

Harusuke could only sigh, shaking his head shrugging.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Later that night, all guardians met up at the Hikawa Shrine, readying themselves for the final battle. The air felt tense as they waited for Luna and Artemis to arrive.

"It's finally time," said Minako quietly. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yeah. And truth be told, I can't wait," grinned Makoto as she cracked her knuckles. "Let's do this."

"Well, there's no turning back now," said Ami. "We've finally come this far, and this will be the toughest fight we've ever faced."

Usagi then went over to Rei. "Say Rei, did you at least give Yuichiro a kiss before coming here?" she whispered.