Chapter 53

It was another peaceful morning in the Tsukino household. Usagi was sleeping peacefully in her bed, wanting to sleep in because she had no school. However, her quiet morning would soon be interrupted by her mother, Ikuko, who burst into the room.

"Usagi!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. "Wake up! How long do you intend to stay in bed?! It's time to get up!"

But Usagi groaned in her sleep, pulling the covers over her head. Ikuko then grabbed a firm hold of Usagi's bed and tried to yank it off of her sleeping form, but Usagi, not wanting to get up or back down, clung tightly to the blankets trying to pull them back. But, thanks to the strength of Mom on her side, Ikuko won their little tug of war, ripping the sheets off of Usagi, causing her to fall face fire into Luna's pillow on the floor causing the cat to jump up yowling in surprise.

"Aww! Come on, Mom!" complained Usagi. "There's no school today!"

"Don't you give me that excuse," Ikuko spoke, scolding. "It's a lovely day, and you should be up enjoying it. Your father, Shingo, and Harusuke are already out."

"But I'm still sleepy!" whined Usagi as she began throwing a tantrum. "Stop being so mean, Mom! Give me back my blanket!"

Then after spending her energy, Usagi grabbed her pillow from her bed and plopped her face into going back to sleep, while Luna sighed, shaking her head exasperated.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Inside the dimension with the Makai Tree, An was there inspecting the tree's current state. For the moment, it seemed fine, but it was still wilting slightly as some of the leaves began to fall. An then left the dimension, going into the living room where Ail was sitting at a table looking at a flyer.

"We haven't been able to collect as much energy from the Makai Tree as I had hoped no thanks to those Guardians interfering," said An.

At that moment, Ail entered via the doorway. "We both are very aware that the Makai Tree is the source of our life energy," said Ail, not looking up from his paper. "And if it withers, then we too will slowly wither and die, which is why I think I have an idea for our next plan."

He then placed the flyer on the table, showing it to An. It had a picture of two men wielding guns and shooting monsters.

"Virtual Reality Theatre, now open in Juuban District," An read.

"Doesn't that seem like a charming spot for a Cardian to bear its energy-zapping fangs?" Ail asked with a smirk.

An smirked back in agreement. "Well, why don't we take a trip into town, Ail?" she spoke. "And while we're there, we can seek out some new energy."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In the Juuban District, Usagi and Luna had just arrived at the Virtual Reality Theatre. Usagi gazed up at the large sign in amazement as it emitted large flashes of colorful light.

"Wow. So this is that virtual thingy where the games are supposed to look real, but they aren't real or something?" Usagi asked Luna.

"It's called a Virtual Reality Theatre," deadpanned Luna. "I thought you of all people would know that."

"Of course, I know that!" Usagi pouted huffily. "It's just basically a huge arcade." She then was filled with determination and pride. "Guess it's time for me to show off the gaming skills that earned me the title, "The Demon of the Arcade"!"