Chapter 72

In the Juuban household, it seemed to be another beautiful day. Unfortunately, not for Chibiusa, who was very upset with Ikuko and Kenji, who were sitting on the couch having to have just told her some bad news.

"Whaaat?! But why not?!" Chibiusa complained. "You both promised that you would!"

"We're sorry, Chibiusa," apologized Ikuko gently. "But there's nothing we can do."

"You can't blame her, you know," Shingo said. "Kids don't tend to take broken promises very well."

Then Usagi and Harusuke came into the room.

"Hey, Mom? What's going on?" wondered Usagi.

"Yeah. You both seem to be pretty serious," said Harusuke. "Did something happen?"

Kenji's and Ikuko's faces brightened upon seeing their son and daughter.

"Nothing now," smiled Kenji. "Because you and Harusuke are the solution!"

"That's right! Usagi or Harusuke can go with you!" added Ikuko.

Usagi and Harusuke were puzzled, not knowing what their parents meant. Then the two explained.

"You see, Chibiusa's class is having a parent-child curry rice event at her school this Sunday," said Ikuko. "Naturally, the two of us promised that we would both go with her, however..."

"Something urgent has come up," added Kenji. "Something that we can't afford to miss, so we were hoping that either one of you could take her instead."

"Well, I'm afraid I can't go," said Harusuke. "I've got something important to take care of that can't wait."

"So, you want one of us to take your place?" Usagi asked, a confident grin spreading on her cheeks, patting her chest. "Well, don't look for anyone more reliable and responsible than me."

"No way!" Chibiusa spoke rudely. "I'd rather go by myself if my only option is you."

Usagi scowled crossly at Chibiusa. "Well, do you think I like getting stuck babysitting a spoiled kid like you?!" she snapped. "I've got better things to do!"

And Usagi stomped huffily away, and Chibiusa turned away with a huff.

"Good grief. Will those two ever get along?" Harusuke sighed.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Later that night, Chibiusa stood alone on the balcony gazing into the night sky, still feeling stubborn.

"I don't care if they don't go with me," the pinkette huffed bitterly. "Those two aren't even my real parents anyway. I'll be just fine all by myself."

As she continued to stare upward towards the stars, she thought back to when her mother and father had dinner on a ship. She could remember how much fun she was having looking at the many ships passing by, enjoying spending time with her parents. But, the facade she was sporting crumbled as tears began to trickle down her cheeks as she began to cry.

"Mommy. Daddy," Chibiusa sobbed. "I wish I could be having dinner with my mommy and daddy. We'd all be laughing and having fun right now."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Luna and Harusuke were in Usagi's room, giving the ordango blonde a stern talking.

"Usagi, I'm sorry that Chibiusa was rude to you, but I think you were in the wrong back there," Luna spoke sternly.