Chapter 67

"SUNSHINE METEOR!"

"TAKE THIS!"

"SOLARIS NOVA FLARE!"

"DOWN YOU GO!"

Solaris took down enemy after enemy using his attacks and his fighting moves. Then suddenly, just as he had finished another enemy, he heard a voice crying, one that was all too familiar to him. He then turned around to see Usagi and Mamoru not too far away from him, Usagi in tears, and Mamoru cold and expressionless.

"Mamoru! Why?! Why don't you love me anymore?!" Usagi wailed.

"Because I don't like weak women," Mamoru spoke coldly. "Farewell."

And he turned on his heel and walked away, leaving Usagi to sink to her knees as she began to cry. Solaris seeing this, rushed over to try and help her, but as quick as she was there, Usagi seemed to fade away into the darkness. Then, as he looked around, trying to figure out where Usagi could have gone, his bracelet suddenly began to glow bright with light until it slowly began to fade away until it went completely dark.

At that moment, Solaris' armor began to disappear piece by piece. First his boots, then his gloves, after that, his chest piece, and finally his helmet. Even the spandex of his armor disappeared. Soon enough, Solaris was now Harusuke as he looked at his bracelet in shock.

"No! What's happened?! My bracelet's not working!" Harusuke cried.

At that moment, he saw something that made his eyes go wide with disbelief. He could see Usagi once again, but instead of her being her civilian self, she was now wearing her attire as Princess Serenity, who was staring wistfully into space. She looked towards Harusuke and smiled kindly at him.

"U-Usagi? I-I mean, Serenity? What are you doing here?" wondered Harusuke. "Do you know why-"

Then suddenly, at that moment, Princess Serenity looked away as a massive explosion ripped through the area, swallowing her up inside its fires and rubble. Harusuke was horrified but didn't have time to cry out for his beloved sister, as the explosion took him too. As he screamed in agony from it, he then heard a voice that seemed to ring throughout his mind.

"For every star that dies, a new one is born, and that star will shine the way to the path of light that will illuminate the world..."

Harusuke opened his eyes and could see himself falling. He failed his arms around, trying to grab hold of something to stop himself, but he just kept on falling until the darkness swallowed him.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Harusuke woke up with a start shooting up from his bed. He looked around, wondering if he was still in his room. When he realized he was, he wiped the sweat from his brow and sat up, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Damn it, not another freaky dream," Harusuke sighed. "Can't I just have a normal one like everybody else?"

He then looked next to his desk. On top of it was his bracelet, which still had a large crack on it. He picked it up with his hand and stared at it while remembering what Luna and Artemis told him the other day. The thought alone made sadness well up in his heart as he thought back.