Chapter 146

Under a bridge close to the river in Juuban, a young girl stood before a young man, preparing herself to fight, her wooden sword ready. She was around Chibiusa's age, if not a year or two older, had royal blue hair tied up in a long ponytail with a white ribbon and headband, and wore a white hakama with blue pants.

"Listen well, little girl!" the young man called out as he brandished a wooden sword. "Today, our duel will be your last! So, let's see if your skills are as good as they say!"

The girl stood her ground. "I am the Tenka Itto-ryu's, Miharu Akiyama!" she proclaimed. "Attack at will!"

"You impertinent brat!" the young man snarled crossly. "I'll show you!"

He then charged at Miharu, leaping into the air with his sword raised high. But as he swung his blade, Miharu proved she was faster by rapidly dashing past him while landing a powerful yet shift strike. A brief moment passed as the wind blew gently. Then, the young man groaned as he collapsed, unconscious and defeated.

Not too far away, Usagi, Harusuke, Rei, and Makoto were watching from afar, the four of them most impressive.

"Wow, she's not too bad," complimented Makoto.

"No kidding," agreed Harusuke. "It's no wonder people have been calling her a master swordsman."

"This is just like watching a samurai drama!" gushed Usagi. "So cool!"

"She willingly takes on all challengers as her training partners," added Rei. "And she's been camping under that bridge for three days. Since then, she's dueled nearly ten supposed masters of the sword and has beaten all of them, including this one."

The young man limped away in disgrace, and Miharu walked back to her tent. Then, Chibiusa came rushing up to her wearing a headband, much to the surprise of the teens.

"What's Chibiusa doing here?" they wondered.

"Miharu! I want to be strong like you!" said Chibiusa. "So, please, take me in as your student!"

"I am afraid I am still in training," Miharu spoke respectfully. "Until I become the top swordsman in Japan, I cannot afford to take a student."

She then walked past Chibiusa until the pink ordango called out to her again.

"I'll throw in three square meals and nap time!"

And just like that, Miharu stopped.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A little later, at the Tsukino house, Usagi was surprised to find her room completely remodeled and different. All her stuff had been pushed to one side of the room, leaving it almost bare, and the carpet was replaced with a wooden floor. The only new addition was a large scroll that hung in the middle of the wall with kanji characters and a strange painting of a daruma doll.

"What the heck is going on here?!" she demanded.

"Well, I couldn't let Miharu keep living under that bridge forever," said Chibiusa. "I mean, what if it rained?"

"She does bring up a good point, Usagi," said Harusuke. "Not to mention, a girl her age shouldn't be alone. Although... I wonder how Mom and Dad could have pulled this off."

"I understand, but why does my room have to look like this?!" Usagi complained while gesturing her hands.

Miharu, who had been meditating, then stood up. "Your mother and father, Mr. and Mrs. Tsukino, made it this way so I could practice indoors," she explained. "However, if I'm causing you trouble in any way, Usagi, I can move back to my tent."