Chapter 84

It was a cloudy, murky, December day in Juuban. Usually, the people in this town would be going about their day bright and cheerful, but unfortunately, they weren't. Every citizen had gotten sick with a strange infection, and according to medical experts, had no cure yet. Due to this, everyone had to walk around town wearing face masks to stop the spread of infection. However, little did they know that the virus's cause was by a certain someone from the Black Moon Clan, who felt delighted seeing the sickly people as she walked around town wearing a black overcoat.

"None of these oblivious fools will ever suspect that Dark Power caused this flu," Esmeraude cackled to herself. "Foolish, simple savages! I hope you all get sick! Including those Guardians!"

As Esmeraude cackled with glee from her plan, there was someone among the people walking by that was as healthy as ever. That person was Minako, a girl on a mission, wearing a determined look on her face.

"Everyone in town seems to be suffering from the flu, including Usagi and the others, no doubt," Minako said to herself. "But there's no need to fear! Minako Aino, the goddess of love, is on the job!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, Rei was lying down in her room back at her house, feeling sick and miserable as she tried her best to rest up. She was so ill; she didn't even bother to get dressed, staying in her yellow pajamas while wearing a purple coat and a red scarf. Then the telephone began to ring, and with a sickly groan, Rei got up from her bed and answered it.

"Hello? Hino residence," Rei spoke in a stuffy voice.

"Oh no, Rei," said a familiar voice from the other end. "Don't tell me that you're sick too."

"I'm afraid so, Mako," replied Rei. "I'm burning up with a fever over here. What about you?"

"Well, I don't have it too bad because I have a mild case, and Harusuke's not that sick either," replied Makoto. "However, Usagi and Ami are in pretty bad shape."

"Oh, man. It sounds like all the Guardians are down for the count, huh?" Rei sighed.

"Not exactly," Makoto sighed, appearing exasperated. "One of us is still bright-eyed and healthy as can be."

Rei was just about to ask who it was when her screendoor suddenly opened with a loud bang startling her, as Minako appeared in the doorway, practically swinging her basket with Artemis inside, of whom was yowling loudly.

"Hey there, Rei!" Minako greeted loudly. "I heard that you caught the flu, so I came by to pay you a get-well visit!"

Rei could only stare at the red bowed blonde, dropping the phone in her hands.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Makoto stared at her phone, the line now completely dead. The tall brunette sighed as she hung up the phone.

"Geez, I was hoping I could prevent another casualty," Makoto groaned as she stood up.

As she stood up, she glanced towards the kitchen and the living room, both of which were in a state of disarray, clothes, pots, and discarded food everywhere, which was caused by a certain girl that came not too long ago.

"Minako sure made a mess of things," Makoto mumbled to herself. "Let's just hope Rei and the Tsukino's can survive Minako's klutzy self."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃