Chapter 23

It was another sunny day in the town of Juuban. Usagi and Harusuke were running on the sidewalk as fast as their legs could carry them, having to be running late for school.

"Come on Harusuke!" panted Usagi. "We're gonna be late!"

"Don't worry, Usagi! We got plenty of time!" gasped Harusuke as he ran. "We just have to keep running!"

As they rounded the corner leading to the main road, they suddenly heard a loud whistle blown, making them both stop and look. The two could see the street filled with traffic, with a couple of police officers appearing to be inspecting the vehicles for anything suspicious.

"What the heck?" murmured Harusuke. "It's a police checkpoint."

"I wonder what's going on today?" wondered Usagi. "Some kind of special event?"

Just then, Naru walked past the two of them, causing them to notice her. She seemed to be very deep in thought about something. The Tsukino siblings then caught up with her.

"Hey, Naru," greeted Usagi. "Good Morning."

"Morning, Usagi. Morning, Harusuke," said Naru absently, seeming not to take notice of the two.

"Is something the matter, Naru?" asked Harusuke. "You seem to be depressed today."

Naru was thinking about the other night when Nephrite, under his alias as Misato Sanjoin, had not only seduced her by calling her cute, but he had also disguised himself as Tuxedo Mask and thought that she was Sailor Moon. She was feeling perplexed as to what his feelings toward her were.

"I don't get it," Naru thought to herself. "Does. Mr. Snajoin, like me or not? What does he think of me?"

Then Usagi snapped Naru out of her thoughts by grabbing her arm.

"Come on, Naru, don't just stand there!" she said. "We're gonna be late if we don't get a move on!"

Usagi then ran, dragging Naru with her and Harusuke following close behind her.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the school, Usagi, Naru, and Harusuke had barely managed to make it to class just before the first bell rung, quickly taking their seats.

"Whew! We made it!" sighed Usagi. "That was close!"

"Too close if you ask me," said Harusuke. "You really should get yourself an alarm clock, Usagi. That way, you don't make me late either."

Then Umino came up to the two. He was excited.

"Hey, Usagi! Harusuke! Have you two heard the big news?!" he said. "The First Princess of the Kingdom of Diamonds has just arrived in Japan!"

"Kingdom of Diamonds?" puzzled Usagi.

"Whatcha talking about Umino?" asked Harusuke.

"They're the world's biggest producer of gemstones," explained Umino. "And tonight, they're gonna be hosting a big banquet tonight at their embassy reception."

"That explains the checkpoints we saw on the way here," said Usagi.

"But why would they would such a shindig?" asked Harusuke. "I mean, what's the occasion?"

"They say that the Princess gets to inherit the royal family's heirloom, which is known as the 'Legendary Secret Treasure," continued Umino. "And they're going to unveil it to the world for the first time!"

"Secret Treasure, huh?" said Usagi thoughtfully. "That must be pretty incredible. I wonder what it could be?" She then thought about what the treasure could be, but all she did was confuse herself. "I can't even imagine it!" she cried.