Chapter 30

It was raining hard in Juuban. The weather forecast foretold a ten percent chance of rain, but those low chances of rain didn't seem to be so low as poor Makoto found out as she ran through the pouring rain using her book bag to keep dry.

"Jeez! You can never trust a weather forecast!" she complained. "I certainly wouldn't call this a ten percent chance of rain!"

Makoto continued running through the rain, being rather careless of where she was going. Then suddenly, she slammed into something hard, causing her to fall flat on her bottom and drop her book bag. Makoto sat there stunned and now wetter than before. She then became very cross.

"Darn it! Why don't you watch where you're going?!" she snapped angrily.

"S-sorry," apologized the person.

"If sorry solved everything, we wouldn't need the police!" Makoto growled, about to get angrier. But then she looked up, and she saw who she bumped. It was none other than Motoki. "M-Motoki," she murmured. "So it was you."

Motoki then held out his hand and helped her to her feet. As he did, Mako couldn't help but feel her heart fluttering in her chest, making her previous anger vanish completely.

"I'm sorry about that," Motoki apologized again. "I had a lot of things on my mind, and I wasn't watching where I was going."

"It's... it's okay," said Makoto bashfully. "I... shouldn't have gotten mad. It was an accident."

Motoki then kindly held his umbrella over Mako, shielding her in the rain.

"Looks like you didn't bring an umbrella," he said. "You're going to get soaking wet in this downpour. Why don't we share mine until the rain lets up?"

"Um... sure."

Makoto's cheeks were now flushed as she felt wholly smitten with Motoki, causing her to zone out.

"His voice..." she thought dreamily. "Motoki sounds just like my former love. I wish time could stop right now..."

"Mako? Shall we get going now?"

Makoto then snapped out of her love daze, coming back to reality.

"Um... yeah! Sure!" she said hurriedly as the two of them started walking through the rain.

The two wandered around, not much having a destination to go, but the two of them didn't mind as they enjoyed each other's company.

"So Mako, I heard that you're quite the fabulous cook," said Motoki. "Is that true?"

"I... guess so," Makoto shyly replied. "But I would go as far as fabulous."

"That's cool," smiled Motoki. "One of these days, you'll have to make me something."

"I'd love to!" Makoto said eagerly. "Anytime, anyplace. I can even clean your place, too! I'm good at housekeeping!"

"That would be a huge help!" said Motoki.

Makoto then dug into her book bag and whipped out a notebook and a pen. "Here you go! Just write your address and phone number and list your favorite foods too!"

Motoki did so, and when he finished, he handed the notebook back to Makoto.

"You know Mako, you sure are an interesting person," said Motoki. "You certainly are different than any other girl I met."

Makoto giggled. "I get that a lot." Then she took a quick read of Motoki's information. "Ah. So your favorite food is Hayashi Rice. Interesting."