Chapter 13

In the Dark Dimension, Jadeite was all by himself, pacing around livid and frustrated. He was still thinking about what happened the other day when Tetiz died at the hands of the Guardians.

"I can't believe those Guardians managed to defeat one of Queen Beryl's strongest," he thought to himself. "And because of that, Queen Beryl is not happy with me, so I have to find a way to get in her good graces! But how? The only way to do that is I collected more energy, but the question is to how to go about it."

He thought, and he thought, and he thought some more. Then he had an idea. "Yes, that will work," he said to himself. "It may come with the risk of getting Queen Beryl more cross with me, but it'll be worth it once I've gathered enough energy for our Great Ruler!"

"Are you sure it would be wise to go off on your own?" asked a voice. "Especially since Queen Beryl is rather displeased with you?"

Jadeite jumped and turned around, and a young man appeared before him. He wore the same outfit that Jadeite wore; only the trims were yellow, and his shoes were black.

"And what do you want, Nephrite?" scowled Jadeite. "Can't you see that I'm in the middle of something?"

"I just wanted to warn you before you do anything drastic," said Nephrite. "If you do something like this, I can't guarantee how Queen Beryl will react. Her patience with you has already grown thin."

"I appreciate your concern Nephrite, but I don't need it," said Jadeite. "If I were you, I'd be more worried about myself. Besides, this plan can't possibly fail. This plan will not only collect energy, but it will also put a stop to those Guardians! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some energy to collect.

And with that, Jadeite disappeared, leaving Nephrite standing alone. All he could do was shake his head with pity.

"Oh, Jadeite," he sighed. "You always were such a prideful and hasty fool."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The after-school bell had rung at the Juuban Middle School, and Usagi and Harusuke were packing their bags, getting ready to head home. As they opened their lockers to get their shoes, they noticed a couple of girls running past them.

"Come on! We have to hurry home!" said a girl. "Otherwise, we're gonna miss the show!"

"I know! Don't worry!" said the other. "We still have a few minutes before it comes on!"

Usagi and Harusuke watched as the two girls raced away, feeling curious.

"I wonder what that was all about?" wondered Usagi.

"I guess some people just love watching their favorite shows on TV," shrugged Harusuke.

Just then, Umino came rushing towards the entrance. He appeared to be in a big hurry.

"Hey, Umino! What's-" began Harusuke.

"Sorry, Harusuke! I can't talk! I gotta hurry home!" said Umino. "Can't afford to be late! I got a show to see!"

Umino then raced away, leaving Usagi and Harusuke puzzled.

"OK. Now, this is strange," said Harusuke. "First those girls, and now Umino?"

"Yeah. This is weird even for a guy like Umino," said Usagi. "What is going on with those guys?"

Then Naru came up to them. She looked very excited.

"Hey, Usagi! Harusuke! Have you heard the latest? There's a brand new show on TV that's got everyone talking around the school!" she said.

"What show?" asked Usagi.