Chapter 19

In the Dark Dimension, Nephrite stood before Queen Beryl giving her his report about his mission.

"So Nephrite, have you made any progress in collecting energy and eliminating those Guardians?" she asked.

"I can assure you, Queen Beryl," said Nephrite. "Everything is under control. Please leave the matter to me."

Then Zoisite appeared chuckling mockingly. "Are you sure about that?" he asked coolly. "Because it seems to me that you seem to be having quite the struggle with them. I'd be happy to help you if you want. I mean, after all, two people can carry out a plan better than one ever could. Wouldn't you agree, Queen Beryl?"

"Yes. That is a good idea," agreed Queen Beryl. "Nephrite, you will work with Zoisite and-"

"Never! I refuse!" interrupted Nephrite angrily.

"Oh my," said Zoisite feigning surprise. "Are you defying Queen Beryl, Nephrite? After all, she agrees that we should work together."

"Don't misunderstand Zoisite; I'm not doing this for Queen Beryl!" Nephrite snapped fiercely. "I'm doing this for myself! I work alone! Now, if you'll excuse me..."

And with that, Nephrite disappeared from the room. Queen Beryl was rather cross with Nephrite for what he had just said.

"Damn you, Nephrite...!" she hissed, her hands slightly trembling in anger.

Zoisite, however, was rather pleased in this turn of events.

"Perfect! Everything is going just as I planned," he thought to himself, smirking. "Now Queen Beryl will distance herself from Nephrite as she loses her confidence with him."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Tsukino's house, the family was having breakfast.

"Wow, Usagi, you're up early today," said Kenji.

Usagi stuck up her chest with pride, but Shingo, as usual, was there to break that confidence.

"That's nothing special," he said. "Normal people do this every day. Harusuke's way better at it than you are."

"By the way, Shingo," said Kenji. "I heard that your friend Mika won a prize in a French doll-making contest."

Shingo's face immediately brightened, showing interest. "Really? She did?"

"I knew she would," smiled Ikuko. "After all, her mother was a well-known doll maker as well."

"Well, I guess it's as they say: Like mother like daughter," agreed Kenji.

Usagi then held up a spoon close to Shingo's face pretending that she was a reporter. "Mr. Shingo Tsukino, how does it feel to have a celebrity as a girlfriend?"

Shingo blushed bright red in embarrassment as he immediately got up from his seat and headed for the door. However, Usagi continued to tease him.

"And that's the news!" she said, grinning. "Back to you, Tom."

"Cut it out, will ya?!" snapped Shingo as he ran out the door making an akanbe face as he went out. "Dumb Usagi! You're 'gonna be late for school again as always!"

"Says you!" Usagi shot back. "I got up early today so that I wouldn't be late!"

Then Usagi looked at her watch. Her victorious smirk quickly disappeared, and her face paled.

"Oh no! Is that the time?!" she shrieked. "I'm gonna be late!"

She immediately shot up from the table and raced out the door, hoping that she wouldn't be late.