Chapter 85

In a restaurant in Downtown Juuban, inside the cook's kitchen, a man crossly let out a yell throwing a pan at a particular white cat who was looking around for free food.

"Get out of here, you damn thieving cat!" the cook roared. "Get back here right now! Once I get my hands on you, I'm going to skin you alive!"

Artemis yowled while jumping, dashing, and hurrying as the cook threw pots, pans, and spoons at him. The white cat soon managed to escape, not wanting to stick around, running as fast as his little paws could carry him.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Eventually, Artemis made it to the Tsukino residence, resting on Usagi's bed with Luna. He was worn out and very exhausted.

"Man! I thought that he was going to kill me!" Artemis gasped.

"Well, it's your fault, Artemis," said Luna. "You got way too careless and pushed things too far."

"Come on, Luna! Cut me some slack!" Artemis huffed. "I was trying to find the enemy's hideout!"

"Then why is it that you're only searching at restaurants?" Luna spoke skeptically. "You sure that you're not trying to look for a free meal?"

Artemis cringed guiltily at Luna's conclusion, which was all the black cat needed to know.

"Artemis, you're going to have to do better than that," Luna scolded snootily. "Otherwise, people are going to say you're nothing but a furry freeloader."

Artemis felt insulted and hopped off the bed, walking towards the door. However, as he was about to open the door, it suddenly swung open and smacked the feline square in the face. Chibiusa and Usagi then walked into the room, each carrying a large stack of clothes. The pink ordango walked over to the bed and set the pile of clothes on it. Then she saw Artemis, who now had a large red lump on his forehead.

"Oh, no! Artemis! What happened to you?!" Chibiusa exclaimed. "Did someone hit you or something?"

"Chibiusa, I think you were the one that hit her," Usagi pointed out.

Artemis could only let out a dizzy meow while Luna sighed exasperatedly.

Chibiusa then carried Artemis over to the bed, and she, Usagi, and Luna saw the lump on Artemis' head. It looked so silly to them that they couldn't help but snicker, trying their best to keep their laughter inside.

"I'm so sorry, Artemis," apologized Chibiusa. "Does this bump hurt when I touch it?"

Before Artemis could respond, Chibiusa touched the bump on his forehead. Due to it still being raw, Artemis let out a loud yowl in agony as the lump throbbed.

Chibiusa gasped when she saw it. "Wow! That thing looks so large and round; it looks like the moon!"

Usagi and Luna then exploded with laughter, thinking what Chibiusa said was funny.

"That's a good one, Chibiusa!" Luna yowled. "It's perfect for someone as careless as Artemis!"

Artemis scowled crossly, not amused.

"Aw, come on, Artemis. Don't be mad," chuckled Usagi. "We're only having a little fun."

"Don't worry about him," soothed Luna. "Artemis is just upset that he hasn't gotten anything done lately."

Now Artemis was angry. "Shut up, Luna!" he snapped. "I've had all I can take with you!"

The white cat then jumped off the bed and stormed away. Feeling a bit worried about Artemis, Usagi and Luna rushed out of the house following, but it was no good. Artemis had already gone.