Chapter 150

It was a bright and sunny day at the beach.

The shore was packed to the brim with people who enjoyed themselves either swimming in the ocean, sunbathing or playing with beachballs.

Usagi and the other girls were also over at the beach, clad in swimsuits and eager for fun, but they were doing something a bit different than the usual beach activities.

Boy scouting.

They were all sharing a pair of binoculars and checking out all sorts of different guys that they happened to come across.

"Eeee! Found one!" gushed Minako as she eyed a male talking to his buddy while wearing a green speedo. "Super cute and good-looking!"

Usagi then snatched the binoculars away to take a look. "Ooh! Not bad!" she agreed. "But that guy's got nothing on my Mamo."

Makoto then took her turn, and her eyes fell upon a boy that made her blush. "Whoa! He's a cute one! He looks like the guy that broke my heart!"

"Where? Where? Let me see!" said Rei as she looked around with the binoculars next.

Luna and Artemis could only sigh as they watched the girls while sitting with Diana.

"Why even bother going to the beach to ogle at boys when they could do it at home?" vexed Artemis.

"You said it," agreed Luna.

Then, three guys came up to the four, one fat, one skinny, and the third about average in looks and the group leader.

"Hey there, ladies," greeted the leader. "You want to join us for a little swim?"

"We can show you around and take you to all the hot spots," said the skinny one.

The girls took one look at one another, not interested in the slightest. Then, Usagi called out.

"Hey, Shingo! Time to get to work! Do your thing!"

And from a large pile of sand, Usagi's little brother came out, wearing a straw hat, a painted scar on his left cheek, chewing a toothpick, and a pair of black sunglasses. He strolled to the three boys trying to be as intimidating as possible.

"All right, you lousy punks," he scowled. "What are you three doing with my girls? Beat it!"

The three boys weren't intimidated by this but were slightly put off.

"What's this kid's deal?" wondered the leader.

"The sun must have fried his brain," whispered the second.

"Let's get something to eat," said the third.

And the three boys walked away.

As soon as they were gone, Shingo spat out his toothpick, wiped the scar off, and took off his hat and sunglasses, very much irritated.

"Why the heck do I have to do this anyway?!" he snapped at Usagi. "This is so stupid!"

"Well, we didn't have anyone else right now," explained Usagi. "Mamo's busy with college research and not feeling too good, and Harusuke's putting on his swimsuit. So you're the only bodyguard we got right now, and pretty, delicate girls like us need a bodyguard to protect them."

"You could have just waited for Harusuke to come back," huffed Shingo. "Besides, what's delicate about you?"

Before Usagi could respond, Ami and Chibiusa approached wearing their swimsuits. Upon seeing Ami, Shingo couldn't help but stare while his heart skipped a beat and his cheeks reddened.