Chapter 12

Jadeite was in the Dark Kingdom by himself, avoiding Queen Beryl. He was still feeling frustrated having to have his plans foiled again by Sailor Moon and the guardians.

"That girl's becoming quite the nuisance," he growled, clenching his fist. "But I'll be rid of her soon, just you wait!"

Then Jadeite was interrupted by the sound of a woman's laugh. Jadeite glanced behind him and saw a spout of water gush forth behind him, revealing a young woman. She was young, had light skin, teal hair with eyes matching color, and wore a short sleeveless blue dress and white gloves.

"Who would have guessed that one little girl would be so much trouble for the great Jadeite?" she commented coolly. "You're starting to lose your touch."

Jadeite then knew who it was. "What do you want, Thetis?" he asked coldly.

"Oh. You remembered my name even after all this time.," said Thetis innocently. "I'm very flattered."

Jadeite's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "So, what business does Queen Beryl's subordinate have with me anyway?"

"Well, you certainly haven't changed much, have you?" said Thetis feigning disappointment. "Your responses to me are always so cold every time I come to express my love and admiration for you."

"I'm afraid I have no time for such nonsense," scoffed Jadeite trying his best to ignore her. "Go back the way you came and get out of my sight."

"Aw, please don't be like that," Thetis pretended to pout. "And here I came today to offer my services to you. I've come up with the perfect way to gather energy for our Great Ruler."

Jadeite wasn't ignoring Thetis anymore. "What did you say?!"

"Now I have your attention," smirked Thetis. "Let me tell you my plan; I call this one... Operation Romantic Cruise."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

That night, Usagi was in her room watching TV when she saw an advertisement that caught her interest. It showed a cruise ship cutting through the waves in the sea with dozens of couples having a great time on it.

"A Night on the open sea..." a woman's voice said. "Together in your little world, just the two of you."

"The perfect time to rekindle an old spark or fan an old flame," said a man's voice. "On a romantic cruise for lovers."

"Our maiden voyage begins tomorrow," continued the woman's voice. "Join us and let your dreams come true."

Usagi sighed dreamily. "I wanna go, too," she said to herself.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The next day after school, the cruise was the talk of the entire school. Everyone was talking about wanting to go and having a romantic time.

"Man... I would love to ride on a cruise ship at least once," said Usagi as she stared at the picture of the cruise ship on her desk. "Just imagine sailing away by the light of the moon."

"I know what you mean," said Naru. "But sadly, tickets have been completely sold out for a month.

"I still don't see what the big deal is," said Harusuke. "I mean, come on, it's just a giant boat going from one place to another."

"That because you have no sense of romance, Harusuke!" snapped Usagi.

"Yeah! Stop being such a spoilsport!" pouted Naru.