Chapter 126

It was late at night in the town of Juuban. At the cherry blossom grounds close to the Hikawa Shrine, Sailor Moon stood before Solaris, Luna, Artemis, readying herself.

"All right! I'm going to do it this time!" said Sailor Moon. "I'm going to soar like an eagle!"

"Try not to botch it up this time, Usagi," said Luna. "Otherwise, you'll end up falling flat on your face like the other times."

"No need to rub it in, Luna!" huffed Sailor Moon.

"Stay focused, Usagi," said Solaris. "Remember what I've been teaching you. Use the energy inside of you, and try to imagine yourself having that energy shoot from the bottoms of your feet."

Sailor Moon closed her eyes tightly and concentrated as hard as she could, using every bit of her focus as her body began to shine slightly. A few seconds had passed, and her body stopped glowing. Then, very slowly, Sailor Moon started to float upward, much to the amazement and delight of the others. Sailor Moon peeked through one eye, and when she saw what was happening, she was delighted.

"Hey! Look at me! I'm doing it!" Sailor Moon cried happily. "I'm flying! I'm flying!"

"That's very good, Usagi!" called out Solaris. "But remember to stay focused and use your energy to move around."

Sailor Moon then floated forward to her right and floated around feeling pleased with herself until Sailor Chibi Moon came shooting past like a rocket.

"Whoops! Sorry about that, Usagi!" apologized Sailor Chibi Moon.

Then, Sailor Jupiter came shooting by. "Coming through!" she called.

Sailor Jupiter went past so quickly; Sailor Moon got spun around like a top, making her dizzy. Then, after taking a moment to recollect herself, Sailor Moon was about to yell when Sailor Mars and Sailor Venus came whizzing past her.

"Sorry, Usagi! Didn't see you there!" said Sailor Venus.

"Hey! Why don't you watch where you're going!" Sailor Moon yelled crossly.

"You're the one that's getting in the way," pointed out Sailor Mars. "Maybe you should learn how to move out of the way."

"Why do you have to be so mean, Rei?!" Sailor Moon snapped. "Maybe you need to get your eyes checked!"

Sailor Moon then tried to follow Sailor Mars to teach her a lesson while the other guardians flew around to test their powers, and Solaris and the cats watched from the ground.

"Those girls have soaked up your lessons like a sponge, Harusuke," said Artemis. "Even Usagi's gotten the hang of flying now, and this only took a couple of days."

"Yup. Hopefully, this will give us an advantage in battle," said Solaris. "And this should make things easier for us if we ever need to get somewhere fast."

The Sailor Guardians eventually came down from their flight, and everyone reverted to their civilian forms while taking a break.

"Well done, girls. Now that you've gotten a grasp of flying, you all can get a little private practice when you have time," said Harusuke. "Just remember everything that I taught you."

"Thanks a bunch, Harusuke. We appreciate it," said Chibiusa. "You don't make a half-bad teacher."

"Yeah. Thanks to you teaching us how to fly, things'll be a lot more convenient for us now," said Rei.

The others concurred in agreement, everyone that was except for Ami, who had been quiet for quite some time while appearing to be deep in thought.

"Is something the matter, Ami?" asked Usagi.