Chapter 75

In the UFO, Rubeus was in council with the Wiseman once again, The Wiseman sounding grave.

"Rubeus, you and your sisters' repeated failures have greatly displeased, Prince Demande," the Wiseman said. "His patience is wearing thin."

Rubeus was surprised. "Are you sure?" he asked. "He didn't seem to be displeased when he contacted me the other day."

"He is, so you had better accomplish your mission as soon as possible," the Wiseman said. "For if you don't, you may very well lose your position."

"I don't need the likes of you to tell me that," Rubeus scowled. "I'm fully aware of the consequences. But I'm not worried, for I have received power from Prince Demande."

The Wiseman then waved his hands over his crystal ball. "I foresee that, in the afternoon, the Rabbit will release a burst of crescent energy near the Hikawa Shrine that was once a Crystal Point."

"Is that a fact?" Rubeus asked with interest. "If I recall correctly, Koan contaminated that Shrine with Dark Power not too long ago. Therefore, I will send her there immediately, and besides, this will be the perfect chance to use the gift that Prince Demande gave me the other day."

"Rubeus, a word of caution," warned the Wiseman. "I am also sensing an ominous aura. Tragedy will likely befall Koan if you send her there. Tragedy in the form of a raging inferno."

But Rubeus didn't seem to mind. "What does it matter? She's merely a simple pawn, nothing more, nothing less. All that matters is that we get the Rabbit and kill her."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, in the Juuban District, Rei and Youichirou had just finished a few hours of shopping and were now walking home. Youichirou was trying his best to catch up with Rei as he was carrying a large stack of boxes of clothes that Rei bought while the girl in question walked ahead of him.

"Hey, Rei! Could you please slow down?" called out Youichirou. "You're walking a bit too fast for me, and these boxes a bit heavy for me to handle."

"I'm not even walking that fast, Yourichirou! So you need to keep up!" barked Rei crossly. "And you're a man, aren't you?! So you'd better be able to handle them! And watch out that you don't bump into anybody!"

And Rei kept on walking, much to Youichirou's disdain. Then came trouble. As Youchirou passed the front of another store, a woman came walking out with her bag of things that she bought, which unknown to anybody at the time was Koan, and due to how tall the stack Youichirou was carrying was, he couldn't see her until it was too late. The two then collided, both falling to the floor hard, their parcels going everywhere, much to Rei's displeasure.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Yuichiro instinctively apologized. "Are you alright?!"

"What's the matter with you?!" snapped Koan angrily. "Why don't you watch where you're going?!"

"Come on, Youichirou?! Why do you have to be such a klutz?!" Rei groaned crossly. "Stop apologizing and pick up her stuff!"

Youichirou, being the obedient dog that he was, quickly began picking up Koan's things and putting them back in her bag. As he did, Harusuke just happened to come walking by and saw this. Being the guy that he was, he came over to see what had happened."

"What's going on over here?" Harusuke wondered. "Looks like someone robbed a fashion store over here."

"Oh, Harusuke, it's you," said Youchirou.

"Oh, hey, Harusuke," Rei greeted. "We were just heading home, and Youchirou had to go and be a clumsy fool and bump into this girl."

"Hey! It wasn't my fault!" Youchirou protested indignantly. "It was an accident!"