Chapter 73

Harusuke was running as fast as he could to the Hikawa Shrine. He didn't stop until he was all the way there. When he arrived, everyone had already transformed.

"I'm here, you guys!" Harusuke panted. "What's the emergency?!"

All of the Sailor Guardians looked towards Harusuke, and all stared at him, not saying a single word, which made Harusuke puzzled.

"What's the matter, everyone?" Harusuke asked. "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"Oh, nothing," said Sailor Moon. "It's just that we just now realized that you don't have your powers anymore, and well... I don't want to be rude or anything, Harusuke, but maybe, you should, you know, sit this one out?"

Harusuke was surprised. "Wh-What? What do you mean by that?"

"She means that since you don't have your powers anymore, you've become nothing more but a liability," said Sailor Mercury. "And why it's for the best for you to sit this one out."

"You should stay out of our business entirely," said Sailor Venus.

Now Harusuke was shocked. "What?! You can't mean that!"

"Of course, we mean that. If you came along with us, you'd only get in the way," said Sailor Mars. "Besides, you're useless to us now. Even more useless than Usagi."

"Sorry, but that's how it is," said Sailor Jupiter. "It's a shame. If you had your powers, you would be able to help us. But I guess that's how life works."

"Come on, you guys! You can't mean that!" Harusuke cried. "I can still help you guys!"

But Sailor Moon and the others didn't listen as all five of them raced away, leaving Harusuke behind. The boy tried to chase after them, but they seemed to get farther and farther away from him.

"Girls! Wait! Don't leave me behind!" Harusuke yelled. "Please! Don't go!"

Everything seemed to fade away into black as Harusuke suddenly began to fall. Down, down, down, he fell as he desperately tried to save himself from falling. He saw something below him at that moment, which made his eyes go wide with terror. He didn't know what it was, but it was a being that was way larger than he was, had glowing red eyes, a slasher-like grin that would put the Cheshire Cat to shame, and had a shining upside-down crescent moon mark in the middle of its forehead. In addition, it let out a cackle like a witch that would give anyone goosebumps. Harusuke tried to get away, but the being had him trapped by encircling its hands around him. The boy braced himself and shut his eyes.

But then, on his right hand, a bright shining light erupted from it, illuminating the darkness. The being shrieked in agony as it faded away, while Harusuke looked at his wrist and felt it grow warm and brighter, causing him to shield his eyes until his vision was white. Then from the white void, he heard a familiar yet unfamiliar voice.

"Don't lose hope! You will shine again, young man," it said. "For every star that dies, a new one is born, and that star will shine the way to a path of light that will illuminate the world."

"Who are you?!" Harusuke yelled out. "Answer me!"

"You will understand one day," the voice continued. "Remember never to give up, and keep fighting to protect those you love just as you always have been. It's the only way that you'll be able to fight against the enemy that threatens your family."