Chapter 26

In the Dark Kingdom, Queen Beryl was alone in a separate room kneeling in front of what appeared to be a strange cocoon. It was in the middle of a giant skull with its mouth open and looked like a big egg yolk that was huge in appearance. Queen Beryl held a green orb of energy in her hands, representing the energy she received from Jadeite and Nephrite.

"Awaken, Great Ruler," she commanded. "To you, I offer this vital energy. Hear my plea and awaken once more. Arise! Oh, Great One!"

She then blasted the cocoon using the energy in her hands, the object absorbing everything Queen Beryl gave. A few moments of silence passed, then the yolk began to glow and shift as a heartbeat resounded, followed by a voice coming from inside the cocoon.

"So... it seems that the energy from the humans has stirred me from my long sleep," the cocoon spoke.

"Yes, Great One," said Queen Beryl. "How long we have waited for this day. Truly an auspicious moment!"

"But... is it not enough, Queen Beryl," the cocoon said. "I can feel myself being drawn back into a deep sleep once again."

"I see," spoke Queen Beryl.

"You must find the Legendary Silver Crystal at once," spoke the cocoon. "It is essential to obtain it; otherwise, my resurrection will be impossible!"

"We're searching for it as we speak Great One, but we do not know where it is," said Queen Beryl.

"Then you must revive the Dark Kingdom's strongest warriors," said the cocoon. "The Seven Great Monsters. If you do so along with the Rainbow Crystals, only then will the Silver Crystal shine brightly to be found."

Queen Beryl was pleased as she bowed respectfully. "Yes, of course, Great One!" she said. "It shall be done!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In the real world, in the town of Juuban, Usagi was running as fast as her feet could carry her with Harusuke and Luna right behind her, Luna carrying a small pink bag in her mouth.

"Come on, Harusuke! Hurry up! We're going to be late for school!" yelled Usagi.

"Man, this is the third time this week!" complained Harusuke. "Why haven't you gotten yourself an alarm clock yet?!"

"Usagi! You forgot your lunch!" yelled Luna as he ran alongside. "Make sure you don't forget it!"

"Thanks, Luna!" panted Usagi. "Make sure you bring it with you!"

Then there was trouble. Usagi had just turned around a corner when she slammed into something hard, causing her to fall flat on her butt on the ground. Usagi rubbed her behind in pain as she sat up as Luna and Harusuke immediately went to her to check if she was alright.

"Usagi? Are you alright?" asked Harusuke.

"I'm alright," replied the twin-tailed blonde. "I'm sorry for bumping into-"

She was about to apologize to whoever she bumped, but then she stopped, and her face immediately paled, as did Luna's. Even Harusuke couldn't help but gulp a little. The person that Usagi bumped into was a man wearing a purple shirt with black pants. With him were two muscular men, one having an orange button-down with blue pants and sunglasses, and the other having an aqua-colored tank top with black pants and shoes. The one who Usagi bumped into held his leg in pain.

"You broke my leg!" he wailed. "I swear I heard it snap!"

The two muscular men glared at Usagi. Then one the with the orange button-down sunglasses went up to her scowling.