Chapter 90

Sailor Moon and her group still couldn't believe their eyes for what they were seeing, everyone except for Chibiusa. This sight was nothing new for her, considering that she had seen this first-hand time and time again and even seen this in her nightmares, but she couldn't help feeling all the more frantic and worried for her mother, who was somewhere in all this destruction.

"I don't believe this," Solaris murmured. "This is supposed to be the future? What on Earth happened here?"

"I don't know," said Sailor Jupiter. "It seems like almost the whole city covered in ice."

"And where are the people?" wondered Sailor Venus. "Is there... anyone even alive out there?"

No one could answer. Then suddenly, Chibiusa took off running as fast as her little legs could carry her. "Mommy!" she cried. "I'm coming, Mommy!"

"Chibiusa?! Where are you going?!" cried Sailor Moon. "Come back!"

"It's too dangerous out there!" Tuxedo Mask yelled. "Don't go running off on your own!"

But it was no use. Chibiusa had already disappeared into the distance, leaving the Guardians and Tuxedo Mask behind.

"Quick! After her!" Solaris yelled.

The group then took off, charging into the dense fog in hot pursuit. As they ran, a thick fog blanketed the area obscuring their vision and making it difficult to see where they were. However, they soon found themselves on an avenue that looked very reminiscent of a particular location.

"Where could she have gone off too?" panted Sailor Mars as she glanced around.

"I wish I knew," said Sailor Moon. "Honestly, she can be such a handful."

As everyone stopped to look around, trying to find any sign of Chibiusa, they noticed something ahead of them. Coming towards them was a shadow of a figure in the mist. The Guardians were immediately on guard as it drew closer, thinking it was an enemy.

"Who are you?!" demanded Sailor Moon.

The figure didn't respond as it kept walking towards them. Solaris and Sailor Mars took their stances, ready to fight, but Tuxedo Mask squinted, and when he realized who the figure was, he stopped them with a touch from each other's shoulders.

"Hold on a minute," Tuxedo Mask spoke quietly. "That's..."

The figure soon came out of the fog, and when everyone saw who it was, their eyes went wide with shock and disbelief. A young man was wearing a white tux with a cape matching color and holding a long white wand. Most of all, he bore a striking resemblance to another masked man in their group, having short black hair, blue eyes, and a pair of white masquerade glasses.

"No way!" gasped Sailor Moon. "Tuxedo Mask?! But how can that be?! Tuxedo Mask is right here with us!"

"Calm down, Sailor Moon," warned Solaris. "It could be a fake Tuxedo Mask, so look alive!"

The white Tuxedo Mask walked closer until he stopped just a few feet in front of them. The masked man stared at them for a few seconds; then, he gave a warm and kind smile.

"I welcome all of you to the Crystal Tokyo of the thirtieth century," the white Tuxedo Mask said. "I'm so glad that all of you made it."

The moment he spoke, Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, and Solaris all gasped with disbelief remembering.

"Th-That voice!" murmured Tuxedo Mask.

"That's the same voice Mamo, and I heard in our nightmares!" Sailor Moon cried. "So you're the person who made that doomsday prediction!"