Chapter 142

Inside the Dead Moon Circus Tent, the Amazon Trio found themselves before Zirconia once again.

"Amazon Trio, you have searched for countless targets to find Pegasus, and yet you have been unsuccessful in finding him," Zirconia spoke with a glare. "You also haven't been able to deal with those Guardians who keep interfering with your search. I'm gravely disappointed in you. All three of you."

At first, the three males remained silent.

Then, Hawk's Eye stepped forward. "With all due respect, Madame Zirconia," he said. "And forgive me for saying so, but the last target was one you chose specifically, and Pegasus wasn't anywhere to be found. Also, I believe you might be underestimating our abilities."

Zirconia's eyes narrowed in a glare while Tiger's Eye and Fish's Eye looked across at their comrade worriedly. Even the girls of the Amazon Quartet were a bit surprised.

"You see, we've just been warming up and softening up the guardians," went on Hawk's Eye. "But now, we have an idea of their strengths, and if the three of us put our minds to it, I can assure you that Pegasus will be ours."

"Is that right?" Zirconia spoke with a raised brow. "And you can be sure to stand by those words?"

"Absolutely," Hawk's Eye answered with a confident smirk.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After that, the Amazon Trio went to their bar, searching through photos to pick a target as they drank.

"So, what do you think, Tiger's Eye?" asked Hawk's Eye. "Have you picked our next target?"

"I honestly don't know," sighed Tiger's Eye. "But I suppose I'm leaning towards this one."

He then picked a photo and flicked it in Hawk's Eye's direction, and Hawk's Eye caught it by trapping it under his cup. He then looked at the picture seeing that it was of a familiar face to Usagi and the others, Naru Osaka.

"Well, she appears to be pure-hearted but so plain. Hardly what you'd call a knockout," inspected Hawk's Eye. "Do you honestly think that Pegasus could be hiding inside her dreams?"

"If I knew that, we wouldn't be in this mess!" Tiger's Eye irritably huffed as he took a swig of his drink, slamming the glass on the table.

"Whoa, how scary," Hawk's Eye spoke, taken aback. "No need to get so angry. What are you so upset about?"

"What do you think?! It's because of that ridiculous promise you made back there!" Tiger's Eye snapped accusingly. "No thanks to you and your big mouth; if we can't capture Pegasus this time, Madame Zirconia will be furious!"

"I have to agree," concurred Fish's Eye. "When I heard you say that, I felt my heart skip a few beats."

"Don't worry. I said that we would capture Pegasus this time, and I meant it," Hawk's Eye said confidently. "I have an ace up my sleeve. Something that will guarantee will help us capture Pegasus."

Tiger's Eye and Fish's Eye were surprised. "Ace in the hole?" they repeated curiously.

"That sounds pretty interesting," said a voice. "Mind filling us in on it?"

The Amazon Trio then looked back, only for the Amazon Quartet to walk in.

"With all that bravado you put on with the old lady, you certainly got my interest, Hawk's Eye," said JunJun.

"Yeah, and we want to know what you've got in mind," said VesVes.

Hawk's Eye then feigned ignorance. "Oh, never mind what I said," he said. "Tiger's Eye probably won't even need it."