Chapter 124

Harusuke was walking around town by himself, enjoying some of the leisure he had left before he went home. Usually, he liked hanging out with Usagi and the others, but sometimes, he wanted to have some time to himself.

"Man, what a beautiful day," Harusuke mused to himself. "The sun is shining, not a single cloud's in the sky, and things are peaceful. At least for the time being. Sometimes I wish every day was as peaceful as it is now. But, then again, I could be jinxing it."

Then, Harusuke's communicator began to beep, which in turn made his eyes roll.

"Looks like I spoke too soon," he muttered.

He answered his communicator using his bracelet, and Minako's face popped up on the screen.

"Harusuke! It's an emergency!" Minako spoke urgently. "We need you right now!"

"What is it, Minako?!" asked Harusuke. "What's wrong? Is Mimete attacking another victim?!"

"Just hurry and get to the Juuban Shopping Mall!" said Minako. "The others and I are already there! We'll meet you inside!"

Makoto's face then came up next to Minako's. "And don't transform! What's happening right now needs to be handled delicately! So get here as soon as you can!"

"Don't worry! I'm on my way!" said Harusuke.

He turned off his communicator and took off running to the mall as fast as his feet could carry him. He soon arrived at the mall, rushing inside, and soon found the girls and Luna and Artemis.

"Hey, girls! I'm here!" panted Harusuke. "What's going on?! Is there a Daimon? Is Mimete causing havoc and destruction?!"

"Harusuke, calm down. There's no need to panic now that you're here," said Minako. "Besides, what's going on right now is something of a different matter entirely. Something that only you can help us with."

"What is it?" asked Harusuke. "What can I do to help? I'm ready and able!"

There seemed to be a dramatic pause, then Makoto and Minako each held up a dress, presenting it to Harusuke.

"We need your help deciding on these," said Makoto. "Which one do you think would look better on me?"

"And me too!" chimed in Minako.

Harusuke stared at the two, completely speechless. "Wait... Wh-what...?" he mumbled. "I... thought you guys said that you needed me for an emergency."

"It is an emergency!" said Minako. "We were all shopping for dresses, and Mako and I were having trouble which one would look good on us. So, we figured we'd call you to get a guy's opinion."

Harusuke was silent. Then, he practically exploded, clearly irked and annoyed. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" he yelled. "THAT'S THE BIG EMERGENCY?!"

"Hey, hey! Take it easy, Bro," soothed Usagi. "You're going to attract attention! Besides, we didn't exactly have any other way of contacting you."

"Well, you can't blame him," said Luna. "I mean, I'd react the same way."

"So, why are you girls buying dresses anyway?" asked Harusuke. "Is there a formal party going on or something?"

"Not exactly," said Usagi. "You know about Michiru's recital? Well, recently, I received a lot of tickets since there's enough for everyone; we figured we'd do some shopping for the occasion."

Harusuke them remembered. "Now that you mention it, I got a ticket to go, too," he said. "But I wasn't exactly sure if I should go or not."

"Come on, Harusuke. You should go," said Ami. "Michiru plays so beautifully on her violin. I'd love to hear more."