Chapter 151

The Amazon Trio were drinking at the bar as they always did, having gone through another one of Zirconia's tirades, and they couldn't be any more annoyed. Then, VesVes and JunJun stolled in.

"Heya, guys," greeted JunJun. "Drowning your sorrows as usual, huh? If you keep drinking that much, you'll end up screwing with your bladders."

"Oh, leave us alone, JunJun!" snapped Tiger's Eye as he huffily gulped his drink. "If you would've gone through what we did, you'd be doing the same! Doesn't that old witch realize we've been trying our best?!"

"Well, I can relate to that. Zirconia's angry rambling is no joke," sighed VesVes. "She certainly goes on one whenever she gets mad."

"No kidding," concurred Hawk's Eye. "She could at least give us a chance to explain ourselves before going off on us."

"Well, maybe if you guys have found Pegasus, she wouldn't be so angry," pointed out JunJun.

"You make it sound so easy!" Tiger's Eye barked crossly. "We have no idea whose dreams Pegasus is hiding in, so obviously, it will take some time! But does she sympathize? No! All she can say is...!"

Hawk's Eye then made a face resembling Zirconia while speaking in a voice sounding exactly like hers.

"You worthless incompetents have failed again! Honestly! When are you ever going to capture Pegasus, you good-for-nothing numbskulls?!"

JunJun and VesVes stared while Tiger's Eye was so surprised he spit in his drink.

"Wow, Hawk's Eye! That wasn't too bad!" complemented JunJun. "You sounded just like her!"

"Thanks, I've been working on it for a while now," winked Hawk's Eye.

"So, you've got time to fool around, but not for any real work around here?!" Tiger's Eye then snarled crossly.

"That's an entirely different thing!" Hawk's Eye spoke, trying to calm his colleague down.

As the two began to bicker, VesVes took notice of Fish's Eye, who had been silent throughout the exchange, staring at his drink.

"Is something on your mind, Fish's Eye?" she wondered. "You look down."

"I was just thinking," replied Fish's Eye. "What do you think will happen if we keep failing and don't find Pegasus?"

"Seach me," said Hawk's Eye. "Hopefully, and probably nothing too terrible."

"But, don't you think that the Madame treats us three rather poorly?" wondered Fish's Eye. "It's almost as if she's expecting us to fail."

"Well, you do have a point there," said JunJun. "The old hag doesn't treat us as bad as you three. You think she's playing favorites?"

"Who can say?" shrugged VesVes. "I don't think anyone can get a read on what Madame Zirconia is thinking anymore."

At that moment, they were interrupted by a flapping of wings, and a familiar eyeball with wings flew in.

"Oh, look. It's Zircon," said Tiger's Eye. "Looks like he's got another target for us."

Zircon flew over to VesVes resting and released a beam of red light from its cornea, making a picture appear. The picture's subject was Mamoru, admiring a shelf of books at a store.

Tiger's Eye and Hawk's Eye took one look and cringed. "Ew! It's a guy!" they both said.

When they said that, Fish's Eye immediately perked up and snatched the photo from VesVes As soon as he looked at it, his eyes practically became hearts as he swooned in delight.