Chapter 147

Minako and Artemis were running through the sidewalk in Downtown Juuban. They were running late for a meeting with Usagi's group at the Fruits Parlor Crown. However, it wasn't too long before they arrived, and when they got inside, they soon saw Usagi's group at a booth.

"Hey, you guys! Sorry, we're late!" gasped Minako as she approached them. "I got a bit held up."

"Hey, Minako, Artemis," greeted Usagi. "Welcome to the party."

Minako then took notice of Ami, Makoto, and Rei, who were all looking through the pages of a book and discussing with one another. It was the same gemstone book Specter lent them the other day.

"What's going on here?" wondered Artemis.

"Oh, we're having a bit of a name-giving party," said Usagi.

Minako and Artemis were puzzled, but then Chibiusa explained.

"Remember when Specter gave us that book about gemstones the other day?" she said, "Well, Usagi came up with a great idea of using it to come up with our names for our fusions."

"Oh yeah?" said Minako with interest. "That does sound like a good idea." She then pouted. "But I still liked the name of Sailor Venus De Milo."

Artemis sighed. "Minako, I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that name is," he refocused his attention on the others. "Besides, are you sure that this is necessary? There could be better things to focus on, like the Dead Moon Circus."

"Come on, Artemis. I don't see the harm in it," said Usagi. "Besides, it would make the fusions way cooler!"

"Yeah! And it would make things simpler than just leaving them nameless," agreed Harusuke. "Plus, this could be a good way of helping us grow closer."

Minako took a seat next to Rei, Makoto, and Ami. "So, how's it coming?" she asked them as she looked over at the pages. "Have you found anything suitable?"

"Not really," replied Rei. "There's a lot of potential names, but we haven't found one that would be suitable."

Makoto then noticed a page that showed a picture of a particular red stone. "What about this one, Rei?" she asked while pointing. "This one's a ruby, and it's synonymous with love and passion, and according to this, it falls under your Zodiac sign, Aries."

"Yeah, that's what I thought at first," said Rei. "But to tell the truth, I decided against it because if you remember back with the Black Moon Clan, there was someone else named after a ruby."

Everyone thought back and then realized who Rei was talking about.

"You must mean Rubeus," said Luna. "I suppose that's fair. I certainly don't want to be named after a previous enemy."

"I feel the same way," agreed Makoto. "I remember reading about emerald, which symbolizes love, stability, and can help those who to get married, which is pretty much me to a T, but..." She shuddered while making a face. "It also reminds me of Esmeraude."

The rest of the group shuddered as well.

"Ugh! I agree! I always did hate that witch!" huffed Usagi. "Especially that stupid laugh of hers!"

"I know, right?" concurred Harusuke cringing in disgust. "Not to mention she gave me the creeps, and for some reason, I think she was into me."

"Anyway, getting back on the subject of names, there are all sorts of minerals in this book," said Ami. "It's hard to choose just one."

Harusuke scooched over to them. "Here. Let me have a look," he offered. "I can give you my input if you like."

He then went on to discuss his opinion about specific stones whose names would be suitable. As they talked, Minako couldn't help but notice that they happened to be closer than usual to the boy. And when she took notice of this, a strange buzzing feeling crept into her chest, but she didn't know what it was.