Chapter 36

Flames of destruction engulfed the Moon Kingdom.

Usagi, or Princess Serenity, was running through the flames and destruction, chasing Endymion, who was running ahead of her.

"Endymion!" the princess called. "Endymion!"

Endymion looked back and gave the princess a reassuring smile. The princess watched as Endymion ran further ahead, disappearing into the flames of destruction.

The princess' eyes widened in horror as the flames seemed to engulf the prince of Earth as everything went white.

"ENDYMION!"

Usagi was still fast asleep, tossing and turning in her bed as she continued to suffer through her nightmare. Luna noticed them and went over to Usagi feeling a bit worried.

"No more... I don't want to be a Moon Princess anymore..." she mumbled. "Constantly having to fight the Dark Kingdom... I don't want to do that. I wanna be a normal girl..."

"Usagi, don't say that!" pleaded Luna. "You can never forget that you made a promise!"

"It looks like the trauma was more serious than I thought," she said to herself. "She keeps contradicting herself. Now, I can't help but feel worried."

Then Usagi turned in her sleep once again. As she did, her arm came flying down and plopped right on top of Luna. The poor black cat struggled as she tried to get free, but the weight of Usagi's arm prevented her.

"Usagi! Wake up!" she screeched. "You're crushing me!"

Then she saw Usagi's sleeping face. As she slept, Usagi's closed eyes began brimming with tears as she continued to dream about Mamoru.

"Tuxedo Mask... where are you?" she murmured tearfully. "I'm so worried about you... Where are you right now...? Please be safe..."

Luna now felt sorrier and more worried for Usagi than ever as she continued to watch over her, hoping that she would be back to normal soon.

The next day during class, everyone was feeling bright and cheerful, but Usagi was still feeling depressed about what had happened to Mamoru.

Naru and her group then came up to Usagi's desk.

"Hey Usagi, check this out," said Naru excitedly as she pointed to an article in a magazine. "A new hair salon just opened in the Juban District!"

"And it also happens to be owned by Kariko Tokoyama, the winner of last month's World Hair Design Contest," added Yumiko.

"Not only that, but she's also offering free haircuts for anyone who attends grand opening!" said Kuri.

"Yeah! Isn't that great?!" Naru spoke, grinning. "We should go! We have to check it out!"

Usagi didn't respond at first for about a few seconds, then she finally answered in a monotone-like voice. "Yeah... That sounds great..."

Naru could see that Usagi wasn't acting like her chipper self, which worried her. "Is something the matter, Usagi?" she asked. "You seem depressed."

"Yeah... sure..." responded Usagi as she continued to sit at her desk, sad and depressed.

Harusuke was watching from afar and felt worried about his sister. "Poor Usagi..." he thought to himself.

A little later, the rest of the group met up at the Hikawa Shrine to discuss Usagi's problems. Luna and Harusuke then explained.

"She hasn't been sleeping well," Luna explained. "Just when I think that she's fallen asleep, she starts talking in her sleep and having nightmares about Tuxedo Mask."