Chapter 91

On the planet Nemesis, Prince Demande, Saphir, and Esmeraud had retreated to their base so that they could stay hidden from their enemies after Solaris and Tuxedo Mask's raid. Prince Demande, who had recovered from the recent assault, was livid, remembering how the two boys were able to overwhelm him so easily.

"How dare those bastards humiliate me like that?!" Prince Demande growled in anger. "I will not stand idly by while being treated like that!" He turned to his brother. "Saphir. Set the Malefic Black Crystal to full power and direct all of its energy towards the barrier at the Crystal Palace! Once we destroy the barrier, I will descend to Earth and go get the queen myself."

"No, Brother, you musn't!" objected Saphir. "You've got to get over that woman! She's rejected you in the past as Sailor Moon, and even now as Neo Queen Serenity! I fear that you've lost sight of the Black Moon Clan's ultimate objective, all because of this obsession with her! Our ancestors have always resented to leave the planet Earth and forced us to live here on Nemesis. And I, for one, haven't forgotten that our plan to rewrite Earth's history so that we may finally reap our revenge!"

Prince Demande glared at Saphir, and with a mighty wave of his hand while releasing a force of energy, sent Saphir flying straight into a pillar, smacking it hard, back first.

Esmeraude was shocked. "Prince Demande! What are you doing?!" she cried incredulously.

"If you've got time to lecture me, Saphir, then you've got time to work on adjusting the Malefic Black Crystal," Prince Demande spoke coldly, ignoring Esmeraude. "Now, go make yourself useful."

Saphir struggled as he got up on his feet and disappeared from the room, obeying his brother's order. When he was gone, Prince Demande walked away on his own, the future queen of Crystal Tokyo still on his mind.

"One day, Neo Queen Serenity," the prince said to himself. "You will be mine, no matter what it takes."

His words didn't go unnoticed by Esmeraude, who was seething in anger and jealously.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Back at the Crystal Palace, the other Guardians, Luna, and Artemis, were anxiously waiting for Sailor Moon, Solaris, and Tuxedo Mask to return with nothing but the silence of the palace for company. At some point, Chibiusa had woken up and had now joined them as well.

"Geez, it's so quiet in here. It's almost like a ghost palace," commented Sailor Jupiter. "It's almost hard to believe that people lived here once before the Black Moon Clan came and killed them all."

"If the Silver Crystal had protected this place," Luna spoke quietly. "There wouldn't have been such extensive loss of life and destruction."

"I wonder what could have happened to the Silver Crystal anyway?" wondered Artemis. "Why wasn't it secured safely in the palace in the first place?"

At that moment, the look on Chibiusa's face changed into a guilty expression as she dropped Luna-P to the floor. Sailor Mercury then picked up Luna-P and handed it back to her.

"Are you alright, Chibiusa?" Sailor Mercury asked kindly. "You look upset."

Chibiusa didn't reply as she took Luna-P into her arms and hugged it tightly.

"It's been quite some time since Solaris and Tuxedo Mask went to find Sailor Moon," said Luna. "I sure hope they're OK."

"Well, we ain't going to get anywhere by waiting around!" Sailor Mars said. "I'm going to go out and find them!"