Chapter 51

Mamoru walked around in the Juuban Shopping District, enjoying his walk. He had just stopped before a crosswalk waiting for his turn to cross when Usagi suddenly appeared glomping onto his arm.

"Hey there, Mamoru~." she greeted sweetly.

Mamoru was so startled that he felt his heart jump. "H-Hey, what's gotten into you?! Let go!"

"There's no need to act surprised, Mamoru~," Usagi giggled. "You know perfectly well what's going on~."

"H-How could I not be surprised, Bun-Head," Mamoru spoke, feeling awkward. "And how do you even know my name anyway?"

"Oh, come on, nothing is endearing about the name Bun-Head," Usagi said. "When we're out in public, you can call me Usagi."

Usagi then looked up at Mamou, batting her eyes, but Mamoru felt even more awkward and a little creeped out.

"O-Oh, is that your name?" he spoke, trying to keep a straight face. "Good to know, Usagi. It's nice to meet you."

Usagi felt confused. "What? You don't know who I am?" she gasped. "How could you ever forget me, Mamoru?"

Then Usagi remembered.

"That's right. Unlike me, Mamoru doesn't remember anything about his former life," she thought. "Which means he also doesn't remember how much we loved each other back then as well!"

Now feeling a bit sad, Usagi clung to Mamoru's arm a bit tighter, feeling her eyes about to brim with tears.

"Hey, do you have a fever or something?" asked Mamoru. "What's the matter with you?"

At that moment, they both heard a voice.

"Hey! Usagi! Usagi!"

Mamoru and Usagi looked up and saw Harusuke sprinting towards them. Seizing his chance as he felt Usagi's grip lessen, Mamoru pulled his arm free from Usagi's grip and sprinted off.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go to work!" he called. "I'm gonna be late!"

"Wait, you got a job?!" exclaimed Usagi. "What kind of work do you do?! Where do you have to go?!"

"That's none of your business!" Mamoru called back as he disappeared into the distance.

Usagi was about to go after him when Harusuke grabbed her by her wrist, stopping her. She failed to get away, but Harusuke wouldn't let go.

"Harusuke, let me go!" begged Usagi. "Mamoru's getting away!"

"No, I won't! Because there's no point in trying to go after him," Harusuke spoke firmly. "Come on, Usagi. First of all, we're supposed to meet with Luna and Artemis at home. Secondly, you know Mamoru doesn't remember us, so why would you after him like a crazy person and freak him out. What, you want him to think you're a stalker?" Then his face softened. "Look, I know that you want him to remember you, but now isn't a good time. So for the moment, we should leave him be."

Usagi frowned as she looked towards the ground crestfallen. At that moment, Natsumi came walking by on the other side of the street. When she happened to see Harusuke and Usagi, her eyes went wide as they sparkled with delight.

"Oh! There's that cool guy from the other day!" she squealed. "I wonder if he remembers me?!"

And without taking a moment to think, Ann immediately raced into the middle of the street, only to get stuck in the middle as the ongoing traffic zoomed by, the cars honking as she stood there. Harusuke and Usagi took notice of the girl and couldn't believe their eyes.