Chapter 87

Esmeraude was in a cafe downtown, busily thinking of a new plan. As she did, she thought back to when her droids were defeated time and again by Sailor Moon and the other Guardians. As she did, she sipped on some coffee.

"Curse those damned Guardians. Always getting in the way of my plans," Esmeraude thought to herself. "Now I'm starting to understand why Rubeus was having so much trouble, but they're still nothing more but little brats and can be dealt with easily. All I need to do is think of a weakness."

Then as she sipped and thought, there was a loud shriek and the clattering of dishes, causing her to look towards the source of the noise. A waitress was just a few feet away from her, standing a few feet away, trembling with fright. Another waitress then came over to see what was wrong and why. A tiny little bee was on the table, looking confused about being in a place like this.

"Calm down. It's just a little bee," the second waitress said. "It's nothing to be afraid of."

The second waitress then got a cup and a menu and walked carefully over to where the bee was, trapped it inside it using the items. Then she stepped outside, let the bee go over to where some flowers were and went inside.

The first waitress was relieved. "Thank you so much! I would never have been able to do that. I'm scared of bees!"

"Don't worry about it," said the second. "Everyone's scared of something. You need to be a bit braver, is all."

Esmeraude scoffed in annoyance, thinking that what she saw was nothing short of ridiculous. "Honestly. How pathetic. These humans can be so easily scared of everything. All it would take is something as insignificant as a bug, and they would all go into a panic."

Then, an idea came shooting into her head, one that made a cruel and malicious smile creep on her lips.

"That's it! Why didn't I think of it before?!" Esmeraude thought. "Just like that girl said, every one of these humans has something that they fear the most! And the Guardians are no exception! And once I exploit that fear, not even those Guardians will be able to stop me!"

Esmeraude then let out her signature noblewoman laugh, causing everyone to stare but cringe with fright, thinking she was insane.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, back in Downtown Juuban, a florist was busily at work making bouquets for her customers and tending to her plants in a flower shop. The florist had just sold her latest and was feeling very pleased with herself.

"All right! Next customer in line, please!" the florist called out.

At that moment, a particular woman with long flowing green hair wearing a miniskirt dress and a sun hat came up. "Hello there. There's a particular flower that I'm looking for," she said. "I'm looking for some flowers, and I hear that this is the best place in town to get them."

"Sure. I have a huge variety of flowers that perfectly suit your needs," the florist said. "What can I get you? Sunflowers? Lillies? Maybe even some roses?"

At that moment, the woman with green hair smiled, raised her fan, pointing it directly in the middle of the florist's forehead, and blasted the florist with a small jolt of black electricity. The florist jolted from the shock, and in a matter of seconds, she crumpled to the floor, unconscious and lifeless.

Esmeraude then removed her disguise, letting out her signature cackle as she took off one of her earrings, using it to detect a Negative Point. Sure enough, the black gem began to glow and wave around in place.